coolant - dexcool ?? red or green ???

MYBAD79

I saw a few threads about radiators, coolant, fans and so on... thought this would be interesting and good info:

COOLANTART1.jpg

COOLANTART2.jpg
COOLANTART3.jpg.
COOLANTART4.jpg.

too small to read, but my post in the other thread is to basically use good old ethylglycol and change it every 2 years with a new stat....

If you can't read it right click on the page (picture) and "safe as" ... then open that file with your photo viewer and zoom in until you can read it...

I read it. It says Dexcool is only good with an expnasion tank vs. overflow reservoir to insure all parts are immersed. Good point. My truck is set up that way.:crutches:

Interesting.I just received a letter in the mail yesterday to be part of a class action law suit against DexCool,seems as though its hard on the coolant system :twitch:

I got that letter too, but I don't think it's going to apply to me..But then I haven't been home to read it either..:confused2:

I have not completely read the letter yet,guess maybe i should :suspicious:

Actually, it's a waste of time to read the letter. In a class action suit, the origional complaintants and the lawyers get the vast majority of the money, right off the top. Then, if anyone else joins, and if there is any money left after expenses, they get a piece of the remaining pitance. So, you might get $.73 for your $.33 stamp. The only good that I can think of these in these situations is that the guilty party is damaged. But, the compensation goes mostly to the shysters and not to the people who were hurt.