for guys that want to go blower

Billsvette

My messup and not thinking may help somebody down the road.I am building a 383 engine for my 69,i bought a 144 weiand blower for it ,i also bought edelbrock victor heads 210 intake runners,My problem is the the intake ports dont even line up,the ports on the heads are alot taller then the intake ports ,which i knew about,but didnot expect to run into this problem,if i lay the manifold down over the heads,on top of the block,about 1/32 of the heads ports are sticking out over the top of the manifold intake runner flange.so now i have to have a machine shop weld up all the intake flanges about 3/16 of an inch,this really sucks.The guy at the machine shop said they have ran into several situations like this with head and intakes not matching up to well.Oh well thats my little rant,im on hold until the machine shop gets my intake welded up.:cussing: Bill

The mismatch is not even that dramatic especially since you have a blower, it would be a lot worse if the head was smaller than the intake. Of course it's better to match the size overall.

Common problem. The Vic. Jr. ports are huge, requiring a 1206 Fel-pro gasket. Same for any other high runner volume head. The 144 blower was never intended to go on heads (ports) that large.

My messup and not thinking may help somebody down the road.I am building a 383 engine for my 69,i bought a 144 weiand blower for it ,i also bought edelbrock victor heads 210 intake runners,My problem is the the intake ports dont even line up,the ports on the heads are alot taller then the intake ports ,which i knew about,but didnot expect to run into this problem,if i lay the manifold down over the heads,on top of the block,about 1/32 of the heads ports are sticking out over the top of the manifold intake runner flange.so now i have to have a machine shop weld up all the intake flanges about 3/16 of an inch,this really sucks.The guy at the machine shop said they have ran into several situations like this with head and intakes not matching up to well.Oh well thats my little rant,im on hold until the machine shop gets my intake welded up.:cussing: Bill

The 144 ci blower is way to small to even feed a performance 350 ci let alone 383 ci. You should send it back and get something that has the output volume to actually work. One of the local vette guys bought the 144. for his 80 with a mildy rodded 355 ci. Even running the blower near it's max design rpm he was limited to something like 6 psi. After all kinds of disappointment he cloned on the bigger 177 ci and a 100 hp shot to go drag racing.