G6 Headlights

Stpman

Just changed the headlights in my wifes G6, now I'm ready to do something easy..............like take out a C3 brake booster:banghead:

I just did this on a Pacifica and thought it would be a snap, pop the old one out and pop the new one in. I had to remove the enire headlight assembly and then a series of contortions to get the assembly back in!

Side grinder cut off wheels solve mucho problems......:pprrtt::shocking::clap:

It's supposed to be easy, take out the plastic rivits holding the bumper cover and pull is forward then take out the 2 bolts holding the headlight assembly in place. Here's where the difficulty is you have to pull the headlight assembly out and the bumper cover is still in the way and the assembly has a location pin in the frame by the fender that doesn't give up easy. one utube vid said "get your hands in here" there isn't enough room to get a bondo spreader in there. once the assembly is out the lamp replacement is straight forward and then you have to wiggle the headlight back in place.
Someething that shouldn't take more than an hour to replace both took much longer

It's supposed to be easy, take out the plastic rivits holding the bumper cover and pull is forward then take out the 2 bolts holding the headlight assembly in place. Here's where the difficulty is you have to pull the headlight assembly out and the bumper cover is still in the way and the assembly has a location pin in the frame by the fender that doesn't give up easy. one utube vid said "get your hands in here" there isn't enough room to get a bondo spreader in there. once the assembly is out the lamp replacement is straight forward and then you have to wiggle the headlight back in place.
Someething that shouldn't take more than an hour to replace both took much longer

That is exactly the process I went through except that, once you pushed the headlight assembly back into place, the two screws on the top were not long enough to pick up the threads in the headlight assembly. So, you need to get underneath the headlight and push it up while simultaneously turning the screw. The headlight is in an enclosed housing so there is no way to get to the bottom of it to push it up.

almost as bad as the 95 Monte Carlo I had that had the battery under the air filter box, was fun trying to get a boost