Touchscreen navigation "radio" in stock dash

vette427sbc

Finished the last part of my "radio" install... I made this dock to replace the factory radio opening so I can charge and play music from my iPhone. Pandora, Sirius/XM, Iheart radio, etc... along with whatever navigation app I want to run. I also have an aux port for other audio devices. The signal goes through a JL audio pre-amp/volume control and a super small kicker 100W amp. The inside is trimmed in foam-backed Alcantara to match the rest of the trim in the interior. It sure will suck when/if I decide to get the iphone 5 though...
44-C4F2DD072454-27910-000017B42903C7E8_zpsc7a865b5.jpg
8E-0E1EDC5E2FF8-27910-000017B4331DE948_zps30db65a9.jpg
34-0B790EEB6D65-27910-000017B420A43886_zps4a48a8e8.jpg

I like it. Going to do something similar by my shifter. What are the options when you get a new phone?

I like it. Going to do something similar by my shifter. What are the options when you get a new phone?

Ill have to make a new one and someone else will get a killer deal on this dash piece... I have the 30 pin ipod/iphone connector in the vette and my daily so Im not really too inclined to get a new phone. The adapter for iphone 5 to the 30 pin wont do data transfer (more important for my other cars radio) or something like that so that wouldnt work either.

I like it, a lot... perhaps incorporate your ignition with it?.... Painless makes a push button starter that uses your iPhone as the "key"

I like that a lot. I was thinking about doing that also but I did not like how the iPod I had went into cover flow mode when sideways. I hate that. Did you find a way around that?
Do you have a radio at all or do you just run the iPhone into amps? I was going to mount a pot in one of the holes to control volume.
Anyhow.. That looks really slick!

I like it, a lot... perhaps incorporate your ignition with it?.... Painless makes a push button starter that uses your iPhone as the "key"

Thanks... Im working on an rfid push button ignition system. The phone would be cool to activate it but I dont want to be so reliant on having my phone with me

I like that a lot. I was thinking about doing that also but I did not like how the iPod I had went into cover flow mode when sideways. I hate that. Did you find a way around that?
Do you have a radio at all or do you just run the iPhone into amps? I was going to mount a pot in one of the holes to control volume.
Anyhow.. That looks really slick!

Thanks :thumbs: No radio, just an amp hooked up to it. I hate the coverflow thing as well but I actually rarely use my itunes and if I do I just pick a playlist. You can lock your phone in portrait mode but you will be typing and scrolling sideways. Maybe a jailbreak could solve this though? Other music apps arent too bad in landscape mode.