Silverado wipers

Stpman

Need some help on my 06 Silverado wipers, during the storm we had here yesterday I had to go to the hospital with my mom (another story) and while I was out I turned on my wipers and only the drivers side works. I was looking through the service manual and it doesn't give me a clear picture of what could be wrong. Am I looking at replaciing all the arms or could something have come apart and just needs to be put back together (rivit broke?) in the meantime I only have a working wiper on the drivers side.

I had this happen about 10 years ago and the rod that comes off the motor arm had popped off. It was just a nylon buhing that snapped onto a ball stud.

On a sorta related topic, I replaced my wipers with those expensive Michelin blades that are just one flat piece at the end of the summer. The other day my windsield had ice on it ant it ripped the rubber wiper right off the flat plastic part.

I had this happen about 10 years ago and the rod that comes off the motor arm had popped off. It was just a nylon buhing that snapped onto a ball stud.

On a sorta related topic, I replaced my wipers with those expensive Michelin blades that are just one flat piece at the end of the summer. The other day my windsield had ice on it ant it ripped the rubber wiper right off the flat plastic part.

How easy is it to get to do I have to take the entire front cover off or can I lift it up enough to snap it back in place?

Just looked at it and it looks like I'll have to take the wiper arms off

Last edited:
Fixed

I got it fixed there wasn't anything broken or pulled apart, when I had the windshield replaced before xmas the guy didn't tighten the nut on the arm. :smash:

It's the same stuff you put in your scotch, only a lot more and it falls out of the sky for free.