820 Cubic Inches of Jon Kaase Rat Rod On The Dragstrip

BangkokDean

820 Cubic Inches of Jon Kaase Rat Rod On The Dragstrip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HdkAe7_cmKg

by Jason Reiss on January 29, 2013 Email Facebook Twitter Print Comments (7)

Rat rods are a breed all their own – the distressed steel often masks an underbody
that could be considered state-of-the-art, and this awesome '28 Sedan epitomizes the
look and feel of what an old-school hot rod would be if the builders of that day would
have had the technology of today's builders. Not only does it take rod-building to
another level, placing an insane SFI 25.3-spec chassis within the confines of the
'28 shell, owner Steve Killian headed straight to the king of Ford horsepower, Jon Kaase Racing
Engines, to design one of his famous HEMI powerplants for the wicked machine.

The gang at Southeast Hot Rods put this car together for Killian, and it's been a labor
of love over the last several years, as you can see from the 2010 build date on the
original article.

Of course, building a car like this is not an overnight proposition, and we were happy
to see that the car is making some noise on the dragstrip from the video above.

Kaase and his team are wizards at putting together horsepower, as evidenced by the multiple
wins the team has achieved at the Engine Masters Challenge over the years.
So why the 25.3 chassis? After all, those are specified for cars running in
the six-second range in the quarter-mile. Well, that's exactly what Killian and
the Southeast Hot Rods team are after, and this 7.40 that left plenty on the table
shows the potential is there. We're not sure about you, but the dual carbs,
roof-high scoop, and big-block Ford power gets our blood churning and wishing
for summertime. A wheelstand in a rat rod, and potential six-second ET's? Where do we sign up?

At the risk of sounding like an idiot. Is he running on a 1/4 mile track or are all cars now running 1,000 feet? Sorry I never followed drag racing all that much. What I'm asking also, which cars use a 1,000 ft. track?

How in the heck does someone stuff 820 cubes in a automotive motor, wow!

Ralphy

At the risk of sounding like an idiot. Is he running on a 1/4 mile track or are all cars now running 1,000 feet? Sorry I never followed drag racing all that much. What I'm asking also, which cars use a 1,000 ft. track?

How in the heck does someone stuff 820 cubes in a automotive motor, wow!

Ralphy

Good question I have wondered that also is it 1/4 mile (1340') or 1,000'

:confused::confused::confused: