18" ralley wheel

vette427sbc

Just thought Id share these new wheels we got in today for a customers car... American Racings new 18" ralley wheel. Made of aluminum so they arent crazy heavy like the other steel ones
I think they are sweet! We are going for the old school hotrodder look with a taste of pro-touring and patina.
4166-4E8D-844F-5E6915A9F13E-11288-00000878C071FB92.jpg
18F4-4F18-B9CF-B55CA8E65870-11288-00000878C8A65472.jpg

And heres the car... we did 2" Heidts drop spindles, 2" drop springs, 2" drop rear springs, and a moser 9" rear. T56 trans is in the works. Motor is going to be a mild 350 with ~400 HP for now.
This was a photoshop I did when he first got it. I wanted him to do those wheels but we found the ralleys and settled on those instead. The stance is pretty accurate though.
victor55blue.jpg

I am helping him in the design aspect too so its like I get to build a car with someone elses money! I probably get as excited as he does when parts come in :lol:

Fiddy 5??? not Fiddy 6.....right???

cool car, an old friend had a Nomad Wagon version of that.....been a while....

:trumpet::harhar:

I have their 17 inch wheels on my 68. They look exactly the same as the 18 inchers. I don't like the repro cap hubcaps that you have to buy. The chrome plating on the dish part of the hubcaps is of poor quality. It rusts easily. I wish they made the dish portions of the hubcap out of stainless like the stock. The stock cap hubcaps won't fit...you have to buy their repro hubcaps. The hubcaps are compression fits into their wheels, the stock hubcaps will not compression fit into their wheels. Also, the hubcap lettering on the center section is not as crisp as the stock hubcaps. If they had their hubcap story squared away, I'd buy a set for the 70. I bought my set for the 68 about 6 years ago (?) and paid $2500 for the set...I just recently ran across the bill and was surprised I paid that much.

When I originally bought my wheels, they were sold by Wheel Vintiques. Wheel Vintiques had abysmal customer service. They refused to publish their phone number!! I had a lot of trouble ordering an extra hubcap. When I went to buy another hubcap to replace a rusted out one, I discovered Wheel Vintiques has split into two companies. Wheel Vintiques continues to make the steel repro wheels, however the aluminum look alike repro wheels are now made by Billet Vintiques. Billet Vintiques actually discloses their telephone number!!! Talk about being in step with modern marketing principles!!

Last edited:
I can't tell you how much it P88ses me off when these guys come up with what I was REALLY looking for within a couple of years after I settled for what was then available!:suicide:

I can't tell you how much it P88ses me off when these guys come up with what I was REALLY looking for within a couple of years after I settled for what was then available!:suicide:

your's are steel, correct ??? Just bite the bullet and take them to a wheel shop and have them weld 11" wide rims to your centerpiece..... 315's would look great on your car , actually, they make a 335-35-17 also :D

btw, just today around lunch time I saw that I missed your call last night..... thx AT&T......LOL

I have their 17 inch wheels on my 68. They look exactly the same as the 18 inchers. I don't like the repro cap hubcaps that you have to buy. The chrome plating on the dish part of the hubcaps is of poor quality. It rusts easily. The stock cap hubcaps won't fit...you have to buy their repro hubcaps. The hubcaps are compression fits into their wheels, the stock hubcaps will not compression fit into their wheels. Also, the hubcap lettering on the center section is not as crisp as the stock hubcaps. If they had their hubcap story squared away, I'd buy a set for the 70. I bought mine about 6 years ago (?) and paid $2500 for the set.

What brand did you get? From what I was told American Racing just came out with these last year. They retail for around $1600 for 4. The center caps were included and seem to be nice quality although, :chinese:

these 18" look great, how wide are they?
8" front and 10" rear would be nice for a C3 :D

These are 18x8... They look even better with a big lip!

And yes Gene, its a '55. The Nomads are sweet but I have grown to love the hardtops

What brand did you get? From what I was told American Racing just came out with these last year. They retail for around $1600 for 4. The center caps were included and seem to be nice quality although, :chinese:

These are 18x8... They look even better with a big lip!

Mine were made(sold) by Wheel Vintinques when I bought them. They are now sold by Billet Vintiques. Apparently the person who started Wheel Vintinques sold both steel and billet aluminum wheels. The business was sold, with the steel wheel business going to the new purchaser and the aluminum wheel business remaining with the original owner under a slightly different business name.

Nice! and they have them in 12 wide also... hmm, I need something like that for my truck... old school look and fat tires

I'm still wondering if the wheels you bought were made by either American Racing or Billet Vintiques....Although you bought them from American Racing, I'm wondering if they were made by Billet Vintiques.Big Question..Will a stock Rally Wheel Hubcap fit with these American Racing whees? If the stock Rally Wheel Hubcaps will fit, the wheels you have are truly different.

I couldn't find these wheels on American Racing's website, A Google search showed that they are nevertheless identified as American Racing wheel models.
I'll call American Racing if I can get a phone number. If my questions are too detailed, just don't answer, I'll do my own homework...Thanks.

Nice! and they have them in 12 wide also... hmm, I need something like that for my truck... old school look and fat tires

really? where did you see the 18x12?? that could be a good fit for my rear..... damn, just bought these TT2s...... backspacing ?? 4"BS should fit my flares nicely...... currently running 3.5BS with a 11, rim.....
or did you look at 15x12?????