Oil Pan Removal Question

DO2G

I'm trying to remove the oil pan. I have the exhaust off and the 2 idler arm bolts off and the pan is not coming out.

Does the front suspension have to hang for the pan to drop? I'm currently using ramps.

Just what you are doing. Remove the two idler arm to frame bolts, then lower the steering linkage on that side. (Swing down). Should leave more than enough room.

Do you think the front needs to be on jack stands and not ramps? I will give it a try tonight.

Got it out...Not as easy as I thought, but it's out.

Does anyone how much torque for the oil pan bolts to be put back on?

Also, any tricks for putting it back on?

The torque info should come with the gasket. I usually don't go for new tricks but the last pan gasket I changed was a Felpro 1 piece and it made the job a lot easier. It comes with plastic retainers (that screw into the mount holes) to hold the gasket in place and guide the pan straight on. Much easier.

Only trick I know of is to make sure it don't LEAK....:tomato::tomato:

but really i'ts the front and rear pan gasket areas in the corners, that need filled with RTV to ensure no leaks.....obviously it need be totally clean and dry of any oils.....carb cleaner....RTV Black.....obvious gasket set....

I understand the gaskets sets are available with ONE PIECE gaskets from rubber now a daze......never used one yet....so dunno how well they work, but if it's got Felpro on it, it's ok, most likely....

:stirpot:

The torque info should come with the gasket. I usually don't go for new tricks but the last pan gasket I changed was a Felpro 1 piece and it made the job a lot easier. It comes with plastic retainers (that screw into the mount holes) to hold the gasket in place and guide the pan straight on. Much easier.

Grayson. This is the way to go. Clean the mating surfaces real well with brake cleaner. Use a dab of silicone in the 4 corners Gene mentioned. The instructions say not to. Ignore it.;)