C4 weight reduction

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I've presently run out of ideas on weight reduction stuff for the '69 so I'm working on the '84 in the meantime.
I replaced the stock 17SI alternator with a CS130, for a reduction of three pounds (left front).

IM002174.jpg

Replaced the power seat motors and framework with a manual adjuster part for a reduction of six pounds (left side again).
Currently working on relocating a lighter battery to the right rear storage compartment. The current battery (left front) is 32 pounds (admittedly heavier than needed, but IIRC lighter than a current production Z06 battery@36#). The new battery is 17#, the same as I've been using in the '69 for the past year and a half.

IM002164.jpg

I'm running the two cables through a couple holes drilled in the upper floor of the compartment (through the "alignment tube" under the compartment). The ground wire is a short easy section to the frame, but the positive wire will be a bit more headache snaking it up to the starter.
Weight loss is (3+6+32=) 41 pounds off the left side (still need to pull out the original battery bracket), and about 20 pounds moved to the right side (battery and cables).

Last edited:
When I finally get the seat rails in my C3, I'm bolting them directly to an adapter frame (just a flat bar that connects the dots - stock seat mounts with aftermarket seat mounts).... after all, I'm the only one driving it. I'll keep the adjusters in the "corvette box" so if/when I sell it the new owner can adjust to his or her heart's content

When I finally get the seat rails in my C3, I'm bolting them directly to an adapter frame (just a flat bar that connects the dots - stock seat mounts with aftermarket seat mounts).... after all, I'm the only one driving it. I'll keep the adjusters in the "corvette box" so if/when I sell it the new owner can adjust to his or her heart's content

If I understand you correctly, I did something similar on the '69. I welded up some brackets that would position the seats as low and far back as they'd fit. (I'm the primary driver of the car.) These brackets ended up about 6 pounds lighter (total) than the factory manual brackets. When I get time I'll swap out the "new" factory manual brackets in the '84 for lighter custom fabricated brackets like in the '69.

If I understand you correctly, I did something similar on the '69. I welded up some brackets that would position the seats as low and far back as they'd fit. (I'm the primary driver of the car.) These brackets ended up about 6 pounds lighter (total) than the factory manual brackets. When I get time I'll swap out the "new" factory manual brackets in the '84 for lighter custom fabricated brackets like in the '69.

If your 84 seat tracks are full power like my 90's they are heavy.