Can C3 headlights be made to rotate like C4 headlights?

JeffP1167

I have everything for c4 headlights and want to ditch the vacuum headlights. Being that I want to integrate my c4 harness figure I could easily add electric light motors.

After losing my '72 lights to a damn Florida deer, (about the size of a German Shepard here), back in '98, I played with all sorts of ideas/concepts on doing something like that, and could not hit on anything operable, the mechanisms are so completely different, only thing is keeping the doors the same and using the actuators, THAT has been done, look up www.mcspeed.com and see if Chris has anything on the air, he used to live down the street from me but got promoted outta town, he in Illinois now, I have his email if you need it.....I THINK he quit supplying the pieces, but maybe he has prints so you can make your own....

:cool::wink::noworry:

Last edited:
After losing my '72 lights to a damn Florida deer, (about the size of a German Shepard here), back in '78, I played with all sorts of ideas/concepts on doing something like that, and could not hit on anything operable, the mechanisms are so completely different, only thing is keeping the doors the same and using the actuators, THAT has been done, look up www.mcspeed.com and see if Chris has anything on the air, he used to live down the street from me but got promoted outta town, he in Illinois now, I have his email if you need it.....I THINK he quit supplying the pieces, but maybe he has prints so you can make your own....

:cool::wink::noworry:

I have all the parts from my 90 donor so just pondering with a different idea then others have on there cars is all.

I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible. C4 headlights are square, C3 are parallelograms so when they rolled all the way over they'd not fit in the opening.

I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible. C4 headlights are square, C3 are parallelograms so when they rolled all the way over they'd not fit in the opening.

I agree, I would think it would hit the hood surround.

If you want to get rid of them, why not go to fixed lights.

I agree, I would think it would hit the hood surround.

If you want to get rid of them, why not go to fixed lights.

I hate the look of fixed headlights on c3's

SBG hit the term correct, well take a glance at my solution....lo profile later camaro GLASS bulbs and 1/2 size openings.....only solution I have found, under the circumstances.....:drink::crylol: