Aggravating daytime running light and L/F turn signal issue solved on my 97 Camaro

JeffP1167

This has been a issue for about a year now, I had power coming out of my steering column for both left and right front turn signals. However no power was at the L/F turn signal in the bulb socket yet the R/F one did.

After looking at a 95 wiring diagram it showed the column wires going directly to the front sockets. I then finally found a 97 diagram and from the column the turn signal wires go to the DRL module then to the front turn signal sockets.

I pulled the input and output wires from the drl module for the L/F turn signal and spliced them and my L/F turn signal started working again. You can't just simply unplug the drl module or other stuff on the car will stop working like the automatic headlights for one.

basically you take the drl module out, unpin the (light blue/white stripe & light blue wire) and splice together, then remove the (dark green with & dark green) and splice them.

This will disable the DRL and keep the automatic headlights. Plus I used to burn out turn signal bulbs on the front all the time and it was harsh on the turn signal sockets from the extra heat.

drl001.jpg

drl2002.jpg