Who's injection unit?

racervette69

Underachiever
This is on the J2 Charreral raced in the 1970 Can am series. Who's injection unit? Look at the pivot on the side skirt attached to the suspension. I've seen video's of them starting the fans, you can see the car drop about a inch.

My Dad came home with a Chaparral 2 model kit 1/32 in the 60's. Informed me to replace the GT40 body on my slot car. Said we where now fans of Jim Hall's race cars. Good old days....

it´s an IR crossram but hard to see, any better pics of it=

Doesn´t look like a slide throttle unit like the Alan Smith units.

Looks a little like this but the linkage is different. Is that an sbc or bbc===

248e4eadd97f99.jpg

it´s an IR crossram but hard to see, any better pics of it=

Doesn´t look like a slide throttle unit like the Alan Smith units.

Looks a little like this but the linkage is different. Is that an sbc or bbc===

248e4eadd97f99.jpg

BBC, couldnt find any better pictures. I cant find any info on make.

Side skirt operation.

11509bc13fbfde3.gif

looks like a hilborn injection system laid on its side... but to my limited knowledge, hilborn was a drag-race only deal because it had two settings, idle, and WOT

If it's a BBC it probably is a kinsler crossram, same as on those race vettes.

I looked a bit better and it's a kinsler crossram with lucas injection, if you look closely you can see the lucas injection timer on a 90 degree angle to the distributor mounted on a mc laren angle drive. These are different to the kinsler modified hilborn uits as the mc laren has the dist pointing up where the kinsler/hilborn one has the fuel injection timer pointing up and the dizzy at a 90 degree angle

This thingL

mc laren
ScottHughes-McLaren-M8F-BN.jpg

kinsler
Kinsler_Chevy_1.jpg

I looked a bit better and it's a kinsler crossram with lucas injection, if you look closely you can see the lucas injection timer on a 90 degree angle to the distributor mounted on a mc laren angle drive. These are different to the kinsler modified hilborn uits as the mc laren has the dist pointing up where the kinsler/hilborn one has the fuel injection timer pointing up and the dizzy at a 90 degree angle

This thingL

mc laren
ScottHughes-McLaren-M8F-BN.jpg

kinsler
Kinsler_Chevy_1.jpg

IF I knew WTF you were talking about, I would be SO much smarter.....

:loveletter: not bother to explain, just being funny......:lol:

Yes, you are correct, I finally found the specs on the car. Crossover manifold with Lucas fuel injection. Sharp eye....

Last edited: