Another 'made in China' example

MYBAD79

This one is actually funny, there's nothing wrong with the rod end but they couldn't get the nut threaded straight.... they mastered the challenge of a RH thread but obviously the LH thread was a higher level of difficulty :lol::lol::lol:

2148394d3ec3a6f.jpg

Now I really don't want to pay $8 or so for FedEx to send it back to Summit, I doubt that they will accept/replace the nut only as this came in a kit with the rod end... easier to simply buy a 5/8"x18 nut at the store, I will however send them an email about this, maybe I get a free cup for my new cupholders... :sos::D

Are those marked "china" on the back face (sitting on your spray bomb cap now)??

No, they don't have any marking on them. This would be really great if you receive something like this in Europe where you cannot get the 5/8" nut at any store....

BTW: I ordered another part from them so I included the rod ends in the same order, $13.99 incl the nut.... speedwaymotors wants $13.99 without the nut and sell jam nuts in a pack of 6 for $3.99 .... I wanted to safe $7.98 for the nuts and here's what I got ...LOL

Last edited:
I would send that picture to Summit. They are really good about customer service and might send you a new one for free.

You know all in all i am happy with the Chineese products both cost and quality......remember we live in a global economy....so you better go to college because there are lots of people who can work cheaper then we can.....we need to be thinkers....

You know all in all i am happy with the Chineese products both cost and quality......remember we live in a global economy....so you better go to college because there are lots of people who can work cheaper then we can.....we need to be thinkers....

The white collar 'thinkers' are being layed off all over the joint, have been for years, decades computers taking over....and the ONLY place that steady for white collar work is .GOV workers from school janitor to prez/USA....

:smash:

The white collar 'thinkers' are being layed off all over the joint, have been for years, decades computers taking over....and the ONLY place that steady for white collar work is .GOV workers from school janitor to prez/USA....

i got a black eye for this a long time ago on CF for being a snob, but i'll say it again.

How the hell can anyone argue that having a degree is worse than not. I kinda like thinkin........its fun. Some of you should give it a try.:lol:

i got a black eye for this a long time ago on CF for being a snob, but i'll say it again.

How the hell can anyone argue that having a degree is worse than not. I kinda like thinkin........its fun. Some of you should give it a try.:lol:

Turtle, I dunno jack about YOUR position, but most folks of any tech nature over the years have wound up job shopping, or sub contracting.....

damn few at any secure position and those that ARE, are dependant on a .GOV check, one way or another...aerospace.gov, health.gov, education.gov, all the rest are on the streets looking IN....

UNLESS of course they are UNION and in a 1/2 way decent industry not about to close the plants....

all the rest suck ass....

I have 2 degree's,and i know people who don't even have 1 and are a lot smarter than i will ever be. But do think i'm better than those who don't have one,HELL NO.

you've got to be kidding. All the young engineers at Intel, Microsoft, and many other high tech companies became multi millionaires in a very few years. My company does pretty well too.

you've GOT to be shitting me. You think its better to become a plumber? I'd be bored shitless.

and money aside, its challenging and fun to come up with ideas and design and build things.

you've got to be kidding. All the young engineers at Intel, Microsoft, and many other high tech companies became multi millionaires in a very few years. My company does pretty well too.

you've GOT to be shitting me. You think its better to become a plumber? I'd be bored shitless.

and money aside, its challenging and fun to come up with ideas and design and build things.

I have to agree here,these young computer guys and the engineers are making lots of money,fast.

I have to agree here,these young computer guys and the engineers are making lots of money,fast.

NO, but how much longer you think that bloom will last on the computer rose??? not much longer I would say.....there will be coming layoffs, and yes those smart kids got very lucky, but to repeat that stroke of luck ain't happening in computers again....not on THAT grand a scale anyway, not even close....

:shocking::gurney:

Well I hate to tell you guys this, but the tech companies are sending ALL kinds of jobs to india, china what ever is cheaper. This includes programmers, EE's, ME's it does not matter. If they can make more money by sending the work to a less experienced and cheaper labor force, they will do it...

I work for HP and we are constantly in a state of downsizing U.S. jobs to go off shore... I just happen to be a victum of Marks Hurds latest rounds of sending OUR jobs to a cheaper labor markets. Or the next move is to hire recent grads into jobs that older more experienced folks are doing..

I have a degree and am a PMP.. made no difference... just too many years experience and cost too much. So these young guys that are coming out of college getting really big bucks better pay attention to how well corporate America values their contributions. Only as long as it benefits the company, otherwise out the door you'll go.