Floor Jack repair

Dirtbuster1

Does anyone know how to repair floor jacks. Mine has started leaking down, and I debating on to repair it or replace it. I have had it for 30 years now. I don't want to part with it.

U 2 eh...Sears?? gray with black 2 piece handle???

I just keep putting oil in it...leaking, me lazy...there are TWO fill holes you know, one is up front under the pivot block and hard to see....

:amazed::twitch::bump:

I would imagine it's just a matter of changing a couple of o-rings. The Sears Service Center should have a kit.

No,

Mine is a MAC tools jack. I also have another one that I was given. It is very slow to pump up. It only takes very short strokes when pumping up. Doesn't take a full stroke.

Not sure about MAC but many incl Sears offer lifetime warranty.... even if they don't, just send them an email/letter with photos of the leaking jack and explain how disappointed you are that after 30 years of reliable service it just suddenly failed.... in 30 years you never even considered a new jack because you knew your's was the best money can buy.... (drop a few tears on the letter:lol:).... I've done that a few times, you either get a nice coupon or a replacement :D:D

edit: if that doesn't work: it's only a hydraulic cylinder, easy to repair.... there's not much to it....

Not sure about MAC but many incl Sears offer lifetime warranty.... even if they don't, just send them an email/letter with photos of the leaking jack and explain how disappointed you are that after 30 years of reliable service it just suddenly failed.... in 30 years you never even considered a new jack because you knew your's was the best money can buy.... (drop a few tears on the letter:lol:).... I've done that a few times, you either get a nice coupon or a replacement :D:D

edit: if that doesn't work: it's only a hydraulic cylinder, easy to repair.... there's not much to it....

What the hell, it's worth a try. What do i have to lose.

Napa used to have a service where they would rebuild jacks...not sure if they still do. Worth a shot!

Being a cheep lazy bastard, I wonder about doing it myself, I have a ton of Orings I keep in a large coffee can, but I even got one....

but never had this one apart....been decades already, maybe I owe it a look, ya think???

:bump::bounce::fishing::surrender::thumbs:

Napa used to have a service where they would rebuild jacks...not sure if they still do. Worth a shot!

Being a cheep lazy bastard, I wonder about doing it myself, I have a ton of Orings I keep in a large coffee can, but I even got one....

but never had this one apart....been decades already, maybe I owe it a look, ya think???

:bump::bounce::fishing::surrender::thumbs:

give it a try and let us know ,,i have a floor jack i may do

U 2 eh...Sears?? gray with black 2 piece handle???

I just keep putting oil in it...leaking, me lazy...there are TWO fill holes you know, one is up front under the pivot block and hard to see....

:amazed::twitch::bump:

Anyone know the reason for two fill holes?

Damn if I know....I just fill both and a couple years later it needs filling again....like I said, I"m lazy....:twitch::quote: