935 battling a Trans Am

Nice, makes me want to build an lsx c3 stripped with cm cage.

As in lsx 454

PN 809-19260835

The LSX454R helps you beat the competition with over 750 HP and 680+ ft/lbs torque right out of the crate! This high performer features an all-forged rotating assembly and carries a pair of 11° 6-bolt aluminum raised port LSX-Drag Race heads. To complete this assembly, the LSX454R is delivered with an exclusive high-rise, open-plenum intake manifold and a Dominator-type carburetor. It also has powdercoated orange valve covers with "LSX454R" logo.

Specifications
Displacement: 7.4L 454 ci
Bore x Stroke: 4.185" x 4.125"
Block: LSX Cast Iron with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
Crankshaft: 4340 Forged Steel
Crankshaft Flange: 8-Bolt
Connecting Rods: 4340 Forged Steel
Pistons: 4032 Forged Aluminum
Camshaft: Mechanical Roller Tappet
Cam Lift: .738" Intake/.738" Exhaust
Cam Duration @ .050": 250° Intake/270° Exhaust
Lobe Separation: 110°
Cylinder Heads: Drag Race 11° 6-Bolt Raised Port LSX Aluminum
Valves: 2.250" Titanium Intake/1.625" Stainless Steel Exhaust
Rocker Arms: Shaft Mounted with needle bearing fulcrum and tip, 1.9:1 Ratio
Compression Ratio: 13.1 to 1
Recommended Fuel: Race Fuel (110 Octane Minimum)
Maximum Recommended RPM: 7100
Reluctor: 58X
Balance: Internal

Engine Includes:
High-rise, open-plenum aluminum intake manifold
Dominator carburetor
Harmonic Balancer
Orange powdercoated valve covers
Note: Chevrolet Performance Racing Crate Engines are excluded from limited warranty

Only one drawback:$19,199.99

But, still a lot of motor for the money.

As in lsx 454

PN 809-19260835

Only one drawback:$19,199.99

But, still a lot of motor for the money.

Thanks for publishing the specs. $19,999.99....whew! that's close. If that baby cost $20,000.00 I won't be able to afford it. My lucky day.

I'm building up a BB engine. Now its 454. I was planning on trying to get to 502. To avoid sticker shock when I have the engine built, I think I'll buy some of these lsx 454 parts. I won't go with 13:1 though. In my 20 gallon tank, I'd like to run 15 gallons of pump gas and 5 gallons of racing gas just to keep the fuel price under control.

Back to the video. Just before the Trans Am passed the Porsche, there was a flash of light out of the Porsche's exhaust. Was this a normal backfire or was this an engine failure (i.d. valve). The Trans Am had a 4 speed tranny? With all that sophistication, you'd think he'd be running with 5 speed.

Also, what about the engine sound? I thought that was really great. Referring back to my comments about the Swedish super car, I noted my personal preference to the sound made by a revving BB. The Trans Am didn't have that shrill shrieking chain saw engine sound associated with the exotic stratospheric priced Ferrari's and Porsche's. Just my personal preference, I know other differ.

I'd say the flame from the 935 was a normal turbo fart. Pretty common as you decel for a turn. Remember that exhaust doesn't have to travel very far from the head to the tail pipe on a Porsche, even if it is going through a turbo first.