79 silver

Belgian1979vette

I went to my paint shop today to see if they could mix up some base-clearcoat combo of my original 13L paint (silver). Apparently the color is no more in the codebook. Is there another colorcode that closely matches it ?

What "Brand" of paint is your Paint Shop selling, that no longer has the codes ????? :confused2:

Is 79 silver not the same as on the lower part on the 78 SA? I think13 is the paint code, the L designates the lower half of the car on a 78 and if not a 2 tone, they would always use the L code.

[tr][td]OEM Code[/td][td]Color[/td][td]Valspar Code[/td][td]PPG Code[/td][td]DuPont Code[/td][td]RM Code[/td][td]SW Code[/td][td]MS Code[/td][td]Akzo Code[/td][td]WA Code[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Silver Metallic[/td][td]S028[/td][td]2953[/td][td]44716[/td][td]8680[/td][td]3782[/td][td]4610[/td][td]GMA77:13[/td][td]4963[/td][/tr]

You can get the Akzo paints (sikkens and such) here, no problem.

I willing to guess the brand your after is Sikkens...........Maybe Not.
The shop I work in switched from PPG to Sikkens a little over a year ago.
I think it was a mistake.........but I'm not the painter here.
Sikkens can not produce a color formulas for our Two-Tone '81.
We even tried cross-referencing from PPG and DuPont formulas............NO luck.
I have been trying to get the Reps to bring me a current Tech Manual for
their product for over a year........they can not produce one.
Our Painter attended their school in Atlanta, GA. and could not get a current manual there either............WT_?????
Not only that but our painters have been have a tough time getting good color
matches with the product...............but we're stuck in a contract.....:banghead:

In the past I did run into a situation on a 1963 Porsche I was painting at my house.
I was not able to get the Original color in a PPG Basecoat.........but I was able to get it
in Single Stage ........so I went with it, no big deal........the color was white.

But like TT stated above I would try another line of paint.
Should have no problem with PPG, DuPont, R&M..............

Last edited:
Was spieshecker, which is a subbrand of Dupont I believe. Probably they were unwilling to go into their archives. It was not a painter but the paint supplier themselves.