03 Silverado

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Well, after 140,000 miles, my stock brakes finally hit the squelers. I ordered a new GM set from GM parts direct. For $175.00, I'll use the stockers. Turns out they are ceramic, and last forever.
My friend at work has a new Dodge Journey, and uses pads and rotors every 7,000 miles.:eek:
Turns out a class action law suit is brewing over this. That's nutz on a new car.:suicide:

Well, after 140,000 miles, my stock brakes finally hit the squelers. I ordered a new GM set from GM parts direct. For $175.00, I'll use the stockers. Turns out they are ceramic, and last forever.
My friend at work has a new Dodge Journey, and uses pads and rotors every 7,000 miles.:eek:
Turns out a class action law suit is brewing over this. That's nutz on a new car.:suicide:

Chrysler consider pads & rotors "wear items" which are not covered under warranty.

My wife's Caravan Sport (4 wheel disk) has had 2 front sets in 100,000 miles.
As far as pad taper, the leading edge was down to metal and the back of the pads probably had close to 3/16" left, but both sides were even.
Rotors had a bunch of ridges about 3/16" high.
I just put some new pads (cheapest, 19 bucks at Autozone) on without touching the rotors or even any bleeding. After 5000 miles, rotors look almost new, like they were turned on a lathe. Pads have really high metallic content.

The brakes on my 03 silverado diesel lasted 120,000 miles replaced pads and rotors .

The rotors on my 06 Silverado diesel lasted 25,000 miles, too much sitting and not enough driving and they flaked apart. replaced it all with EBC rotors and pads cheaper than I could get good (non chinese) stock stuff for.