And because this is the racing section...

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
As promised my Corvette replacement track car. 100_2098.jpg
Yep. Not a Corvette. But the nice thing is I don't really care if I wad it up. If I do, I'll just find another one. All it needs to get on the track is a carb, intake, battery and fuel cell. But it will take a whole bunch more to make it fast. But then again, a track car doesn't have to be fast to be fun. :D

But the nice thing is I don't really care if I wad it up. If I do, I'll just find another one.

I'm not sure i'm a fan of that care free philosophy for one reason. You're inside the waded up car.

Do you have a Hans? Let's get some shots of the roll cage for my curiosity. We'll help as much as we can. I guess it's just the hard core conservative in me but i'll never have any jap ride in my driveway...ever. No nazimobiles either.

Z Datsun?? my cousin used to have a 240/260/280 through the 70's....

:gurney: Closest I ever got was a Datsun 810 waqon with the DPFI 2343cc engine and stick shift...

:nuts:

There is a cage in it. Kind of home made but better than the flimsy factory sheet metal. I will probably gusset it some more anyway, mostly just put door bars in it. Once I get it unloaded I'll post up more pics.
Will have Chebby power when all is said and done so I'm half way there.

Me-Likey! :chinese:
Put some red-blooded AMERICAN BEEF in with the Fried Rice!
Bet you'll have some fun with it! I'm envious. Timeline? This season/next?

Cheers - Jim

CD, where ya gonna run it? NASA? They,ve got lots of events.

If you stick to carbutetion you can run it with all the Vintage Groups. VARA and HSR. VARA has a big Z contingent now with a lot of favourable rules. We'll be running here in October...:1st:

Steve

Steve, going to run anywhere and with anybody who will let me on track. It's strictly a open track car. It has a cage but it's not competition legal. I just got it because I'm jonesing for some track time and I'm done beating up the Vette.
Going tomorrow to pick up a '78 donor car that is carbureted so I'll have my intake solution. Will just need a battery and fuel cell and be track ready, more or less.

I wished you lived closer. We could have a grudge match.

Do have to admit though the only other guy in a C3 that ever showed up left with his tail between his legs never to be seen again.

He couldn't handle getting passed by a Miata.

Yep. That happens. Watched a guy with a brand new Z06 some years back put slicks on his car and then get passed like he was tied to a phone pole by a track car that cost half as much.

Driving a c3 on the track is a lot more work than you realize until you drive something else. Hell, you should try an S2000. Those things are like two seat go karts. Not to mention a c5 or later car that has some real balls.