Just what kind of hydraulic fitting is this?

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Working on a guy's Dodge Intrepid (yuk) and it has this weird fitting off the power steering pump. It looks kind of like a hydraulic fitting but I can't find the thing. I went to a local hose/hydraulic store and the guy there didn't know what it was either.
Anyway, the part I'm working on is here: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...id/_/N-jddxyZ8oxqd?itemIdentifier=293291_0_0_
If you look at the picture, there is a switch on the bottom and a conventional o-ring fitting on the top but the problem child is in the middle. There is a threaded end that slips over the tip and locks in on the groove. The nipple has a taper to it. I have the old line but I can't get that fitting off to tell how it works and the new one does not come with the threaded end.
I'm stumped, but I need to figure this one out because this is the source of major leak.

It looks like a quick disconnect, get a metric tool set for fuel lines, they work on those too.

It's not. I destroyed the original line to get the nut off. It's hard to make out in that picture but just past that taper on the tube is a small groove. The nut has a corresponding groove cut in it. There is a spring clip inside the nut so once it slides over the taper the clip locks into the groove. Once on, always on. Only way to remove it is to destroy one or the other.
Of course the tube is available but it's damn near impossible to find that fitting. Why on earth these knuckleheads will supply the tube and apparently don't even know about the fitting is beyond me.

But it's not, Jeff. I have the tools for fuel and AC lines and it's not that. Can't see any picture that comes up from Marck's link but I'm guessing he's right. Went to the junk yard today and salvaged one. Piece Of Shit.