Back in action!

vette427sbc

After blowing the head gasket in April, the car is finally back on the ground and running! Ive been killing myself this past week with late night after late night to get it done for a fathers day car show today with my dad. I had it back together and ready to roll at 3am last night...

96f12479.jpg

Besides the head gasket, I got alot of other stuff done too...

Oil cooler is in with no leaks (with the fittings on the top as per TT's recommendation :thumbs:)

Got an edelbrock alum water pump and machined it to fit my cloyes timing cover. The plate on the back is .195" and I took off .095" along with shaving the heads of the bolts that hold the cam button plate. Fits perfect :smash:
b7695fdf.jpg

I also finished raising the diff/lowering the chassis (whatever you want to call it) with some custom bushings. I made one a few nights ago but fu*ked up the taper. Its in the x-member now to check fitment and all the other measurements, but I have to pull it all out again soon once I make the new ones. Ill post up my drawings of those once I am sure everything fits right.

I spent more than a few hours on the bridgeport milling this down from 6" dia. to almost 4". Only to be wasted when I made my last cut...
7800a8cd.jpg

Feels good to drive it again though!

:hi: Thanks everyone!

Car looks great!

Did you find the problem with the engine?

I didnt find any issues tearing it down. Just the blown gaskets. I guess the issue was from the guy who put the top end on :surrender: Runs good so far besides a sticky float in the carb