Update New Member

frank_nesta17

I have got the car back after it was primed and finished the mechanical. The radiator is installed, all the fluids are in (see pics), and we fired up the engine for the first time. The exhaust is installed and the car runs strong and sounds great.

It went back to paint shop for block sanding, two part primer, and 3 days more of block sanding, and final paint which is done on the body (see pics). The doors, hood deck lid, head lights, gas tank door and front spoiler will get painted today. The body will start to get color sanded today and then let set for a while to breath.

Once I get it back from paint I will re-assemble the exterior of the car and make sure it all works, Get the front and rear end aligned. Recharge the air conditioning and test the ventilation system. Then the sound system, interior and top get done. And then drive it!!!

Enjoy. I have,:yahoo:

Attachments

• Painted 5-15.JPG
    Painted 5-15.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Painted 5-15 -2.JPG
    Painted 5-15 -2.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Painted 5-15 -3.JPG
    Painted 5-15 -3.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Finishing the engine-1.JPG
    Finishing the engine-1.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Radiator and Fans.JPG
    Radiator and Fans.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 20
Update to the update

Well, it seems like it has taken forever to get here. After paint it was color sanding and then color sanding and then,,,,, Well you get the idea it has been 3 months. I got the car back 3 weeks ago and put her back together, Then I got the Dynamat installed, The doors will get Dynamat just after the door glass is aligned with the new top and before the new door panels are installed. Yes, the car goes to the interior boys on Monday. The car is wired for the sound system and that will get installed after the interior is completed. I got the 2005 Corvette seat wired for the 6 way movement, lumbar and bolster!!! Figuring that out was not easy. Yes, we are getting close.

Enjoy the photos and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Frank

Attachments

• LED Tail lights.JPG
    LED Tail lights.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Chromed rocker panel covers.JPG
    Chromed rocker panel covers.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Back together & lights work.JPG
    Back together & lights work.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 10