Ole '82 Lookin' Pretty Good......

Luster

Compulsively Anal
We did a little road trip today, so I got up early and applied Zaino Clear-Seal, which is a one-step sealant. Wipe on, walk away... no wiping off...... Total duration of the project was 10 minutes.

I've never seen this 13-year-old paint look better.....

AND WHAT A DAY FOR A ROAD TRIP... 75 degrees, sunny, PERFECT!

82vette_zaino.jpg

Polished aluminum wheels were done with Simichrome polish and a Mother's power ball...

Tires were dressed with Zaino Z-16...

IMG_1312.jpg

Wow, that looks great, hard to believe that's a 13 year old paint job. Do keep it garaged?

Yeah, it stays in the garage, but it's definitely a driver! We do cruise nights about 3-4 nights a week and 2-3 weekend road trips a month.

But I'm pretty anal about keeping it shiny..... (ya think?).... haha.. :toothbrush:

Yes. I like the dark red, but I really prefer the bright red. I got such a good deal on the car it was worth the sacrifice!
Is the red paint colour original? My 82 is two-tone silver with a dark red interior and I was thinking of changing the colour to red. Do you have any more pics where you can see the interior and exterior at the same time?

Is the red paint colour original? Do you have any more pics where you can see the interior and exterior at the same time?

No, it's not the original color. It's a much brighter red than the original.

Here's another shot showing the interior... the interior is really a little darker than it shows in the picture...

IMG_0814.jpg

Thanks for that. I'm going to lose the two-tone and was pretty convinced to go with something like Steel Cities Grey but I saw pics of a red rubber bumper Vette with a red interior on DC and it got me thinking about going with red.

Last time I was home, I saw a Mazda 3 with a gorgeous metallic red - not the same as Candy Apple but what I thought would look good with my dark red interior. I'll see if I can find a pic of the colour...

Your paint looks really good so I had a look at Eckler's website to see if they sell that Z-CS.... they do.... $32.99 for 6oz.... :eek::twitch:

Is it really THAT good ??

Your paint looks really good so I had a look at Eckler's website to see if they sell that Z-CS.... they do.... $32.99 for 6oz.... :eek::twitch:

Is it really THAT good ??

Yes, it's very pricey! Is it that good? Well, there are mixed reviews. The guys who use too much and get it on too thick absolutely hate the product.

I've learned to use about 3 or 4 small sprays to do the entire hood. The less you use the better it works.

I like it because it's so easy to apply. You just wipe it on and you're done. And it's MUCH better than a detail spray because it has longevity.

What I don't want to happen is for me to recommend it and you think it's a rip-off because you paid 33 dollars plus shipping and it ended up looking like crap!

With CS, technique is everthing. Thin applications, long strokes, then DON'T TOUCH IT.

I looked at Eckler's website because they're only 20 minutes from my house.... they are usually a little pricy, you can probably find the stuff online for $20....
I already have Meguiar's new tech wax, 3 step polish and all kind of other detailing products, it's curiosity I guess... can't resist a new and "better" polish/wax :D .... I haven't tried Turtle wax ice yet :waxer:

:waxer::waxer:

I like your shade of red. It looks a lot better than "Candy Apple" red. Great looking car.

What is difference of the Simichrome than the Mothers product for wheels. When cleaning up my rims I sanded with 2000, then hit it with Mothers wheel polish & the PowerBall. Just polishing with the Mothers and the PowerBall doesn't seem to shine as well.

I like your shade of red. It looks a lot better than "Candy Apple" red. Great looking car.

What is difference of the Simichrome than the Mothers product for wheels. When cleaning up my rims I sanded with 2000, then hit it with Mothers wheel polish & the PowerBall. Just polishing with the Mothers and the PowerBall doesn't seem to shine as well.

Thanks.

Simichrome, Mothers Billet Aluminum Polish and Mothers Aluminumin polish are all good. It's just that I think Simichrome works better and takes less product.

I usually smear the polish on the wheel with my finger fairly thin, then hit it with the Powerball for about 3-4 minutes each wheel. Then I buff off the residue with a soft microfiber by hand...