Factory Five hot rod

Don't know shit in hotrod, but I personally find that the large front tires are breaking the style.
Otherwise looks like a pretty neat machine.

If they based it on the previous Cobra kit car, (i'd suspect they did, it would save a lot of engineering) I'll bet it goes like a rocket and corners like a roller coaster.

i have looked all over them.....top notch in my opinion and i would do one in heart beat if i had the $$$ , not sure how you title them and what about emissions and federal safety regulations etc..

Just my opinion, but I would take this car over the factory five car any day of the week.

DSCN0379.jpg

I have been looking at some of the Factoryfive's (mainly the GTM) to build myself a pure racecar. However I think it's pretty expensive, not in the least because of the transaxle you need.

Otherwise I think it's a neat design they make. However I would have made the boxframe out of alu.

Did a half day visit to the Factory Five plant back in Nov 11. The GTM is nice -- but a tight fit - for anyone like 6-3 (me). The Cobra Daytona coupe ditto - but for both you could work the foot wells - I think. The Hot Rod has about 5 configurations so you can really personllize it, The frames are all cnc cut and jig welded together. They have a nice setup for their fiberglass activity - but I was surprised to see it all hand layup and not prepreg.

Cheers - Jim

I like the factory5 ... I like those wide tires up front. Too bad you can't title a thing like that here.

I like the factory5 ... I like those wide tires up front. Too bad you can't title a thing like that here.

I just noticed in the Ridetech build thread on latG that the steering flexes because of the tire size. Theyre using 295.s in the front.
The suspension is designed for less wider tires than that.

Cool build, I realy like those. If they are anything close to the Cobra kits, thse things will be nasty and stick like hell.

At a hotrod gathering not far from here every friday night, theres always a few Cobras and I seen a type65 coupe (like Stigners gang painted not long ago) never seen a GTM or one of the 33.

Last edited:
I have been looking at some of the Factoryfive's (mainly the GTM) to build myself a pure racecar. However I think it's pretty expensive, not in the least because of the transaxle you need.

Otherwise I think it's a neat design they make. However I would have made the boxframe out of alu.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aewbo-Orb3M[/ame]