diff plug

JPhil

Huh?
Anybody know anything about a differential fill plug that will take a normal socket or something? That square head is impossible to do with dual mount spring....Something I can use a swivel joint ratchet on?
I haven't done any other research yet, just ran across it once again today and thought I'd post & see....

Back to work.

Anybody know anything about a differential fill plug that will take a normal socket or something? That square head is impossible to do with dual mount spring....Something I can use a swivel joint ratchet on?
I haven't done any other research yet, just ran across it once again today and thought I'd post & see....

Back to work.

Been awhile, but Mr Plumber, I believe they are 1/2" NPT.:lol:

The 65-79 plugs are 3/4 npt threads. A 5/8"- 8 pt socket should fit most of them. They were cast not machined so it does vary. The earlier plugs had a larger square and machine threads.

I also replace them on some builds with a hex head plug so you can use a plain ole socket on them.

You can go to a plumbing store and buy a pipe thread plug that will work just fine in you diff cover. However, it won't look stock! The stock plugs had a flange on them, the flange was to secure the red plastic tags that had the warning to use positraction differential fluid. The pipe threaded plugs with flanges are still available from the Vette vendors. (Along with the little red plastic tags!)