No wonder my DD has been acting like it has fuel delivery issues

Sam Cogley

1992 BMW 318i convertible - something of an oddball, the only manual out there that covers that engine is for the redesigned body style. The factory manual shows the fuel filter, but in such tight pictures that it's impossible to tell where it is. I've had a replacement filter for ages, and now and then tried to find it with little luck. Today I managed to get some light shining in just the right direction and found it tucked up under a panel in the middle of the body. Pulled it out, and it's got a BMW logo and a date code of 3/31/92 - two months before the car was built! Looks to be the original, after 20 years and well over 150,000 miles, it's no wonder that the damned thing wasn't working right...and if the BMW dealership couldn't find it during normal service operations, I don't feel too bad about having some trouble!

It's amazing the plces they find to hide that stuff. I changed a spin-on fuel filter on a Crown Vic a few years ago. Mounted on the right frame rail just ahead of the kick-up. It's a damn wonder the thing never caught a rock. I nearly had to use dynamite to get it loose. Magilla Gorilla installed it.

That would probably be the last piece of the car to be damaged in any sort of accident. It's tucked into a notch in the floorpan, under a cover that looks like an extension of the exhaust heat shielding. Everything else on the car is pretty easy to find and work on. Crazy Germans... :tomato:

That would probably be the last piece of the car to be damaged in any sort of accident. It's tucked into a notch in the floorpan, under a cover that looks like an extension of the exhaust heat shielding. Everything else on the car is pretty easy to find and work on. Crazy Germans... :tomato:

Krazy Krauts?? try a damn MERCEDES for their wonderful use of BOLTS with no center hub for holding the friggin wheels on....bitch enough on a rack, try it on roadside one time....idiots....I"d had the car, studs be on there SO fast...

Let's just say there are MANY reasons I like my old vette, ....mmmmkay??

:club::drink::tomato:

Krazy Krauts?? try a damn MERCEDES for their wonderful use of BOLTS with no center hub for holding the friggin wheels on....bitch enough on a rack, try it on roadside one time....idiots....I"d had the car, studs be on there SO fast...

BMW has those, too. Hoist wheel, hold it in place, get one lug bolt started, then slide the wheel around until you can get them all screwed in. Fortunately those little 14" alloys don't weigh much.

SHHH! MyBad may be watching

:stirpot: