1st C3/C6 1979 Convertible built plus 69/C4

I have a question about the kits ..... How do they react to either front or rear impacts? Is the energy absorbing system still functional with your kits?

I have a question about the kits ..... How do they react to either front or rear impacts? Is the energy absorbing system still functional with your kits?

These are custom kits. My disclaimer states they are for show purposes only. With that said.
The front crash bar on the 73 and newer vettes remains. The rear will need to be modified or made smaller. I removed it on mine. I realize it may not be safe, but keep in mind it is a custom. You can make an impact bar work with modifications. The 68-72 vettes did not have crash bars.

Last edited:
A couple suggestions

I think the C4 / 69 kit looks prety good, but the rear is all jacked up. I know it is difficult to make factory bumpers work on different rear-ends. I have been trying something like this on some later C3's.

I would like to make a couple suggestions:

1. Add a C6 type lower rear valence so the red paint stops with the chrome bumper. IT may work, it may not.

2. Make your own C3 bumpers and shape them the way you need to. The originals are expensive as heck, and will double or triple the cost of your kit. You can make your own out of fiberglass and make them fit the car as needed. It is cheaper to have them wrapped in chrome vinyl or even get them plated than buying originals or cheap repos. Have you priced the front bumper and grilles lately? Whew!

Keep up the good work. You can pick up a late model C3 or C4 for under $3,000.00 and add these kits to make a unique looking car.