Fuel line question

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
What are the sizes of the fuel tank supply and return lines? Are they 3/8" and 5/16"? It's late and dark and I can't be arsed to go outside and measure them!

I want to buy some tube sleeves and nuts and if the lines are 3/8" and 5/16", I'd need to use -6AN and -5AN. I've found those fittings but buggered if I can find a -6AN to -5AN reducer so I can use my -6AN braided hose and fittings. Anyone know the Aeroquip/Earls number?

I'm assuming those compression style hard line adapters are no good on fuel lines?

Last edited:
82? 3/8 & 5/16 yes.

Aeroquip has a steel -5 to -6 adapter and -5 tube nuts and sleeves. I can get you the part #s tomorrow. Summit has them but they nver show up on a serach, only if you fill out the # manually.

Nope, unelss you get some with a steel ferrule. The alu fittings with brass ferrule don't bite the tubing enough for a leak free seal at higher pressure. It'll leak.

Ok, ta. I just finished ordering some -5AN and -6AN tube nuts and sleeves - of course, with my shit bag ISP, what should have taken me 10 minutes has taken me the best part of an hour!! Wankers :cussing:

Don't worry about the number for that -5 to -6 reducer thanks mate. I eventually found it, but'll cost me an arm and a leg to buy one fitting. It'll be far cheaper to just get one made here :thumbs:

You are an aircraft mech right? I can't imagine there's no such adapter in your parts warehouse over there??

Yes mate, I'm an aircraft techo but no, I've gone looking before and there's not much here. The various work shops have the bare minimum required to do their job, if they even have that. We can't even get blanks so when we take a pipe of an aircraft, we put have to put a Ziplock bag over the end, held on with a tiewrap :(

A little machine shop I use in town has loads of hose fittings and even if he has to turn an adapter up for me, it'll probably only cost around $5 or $6 US and I could choose brass, aluminium or steel...

Last edited: