Strut Adjustment

Dirtbuster1

Is there an easy way to adjust the struts so that I can take some of my camber out. I seem to get it to 1 point, and it want go in any further. I know I'm not as strong as I used to be, bit this is crazy.

Is there any tip so I can pull it in easier. I thought about loosening the spring up where I can get a pull bar on the bolt.

Thoughts

Are you trying to turn them by hand? Don't they have a flat spot for a wrench?

Yeah, there should be a flat spot right in the center of them. You got any pics?

are you talking about stock struts or the adjustable/heavy duty type? Does the cam bolt have a standard hex head?

I removed the stock struts and went with the adjustable struts. I could not get the proper camber setting. After putting it on the alignment rack, the toe was off pretty bad. That probably had something to do with the camber setting.

are you talking about stock struts or the adjustable/heavy duty type? Does the cam bolt have a standard hex head?

I removed the stock struts and went with the adjustable struts. I could not get the proper camber setting. After putting it on the alignment rack, the toe was off pretty bad. That probably had something to do with the camber setting.

MY toes are sore too....but the camber rod bushings of course need be centered, not all tore up to get good camber...which must be done before you get any toe adjustments done....it MAY come back to what you want just by those rods/bushings....

if not, you going to be hating life unless that has been done before....on a old stock shark, it's a bitch....

:eek::cussing:

Gene,

All is well at this time, however my 1st alignment job lasted alot longer than I antisipated. While performing my alignment, a mechanic layed a cordless phone on the side of the alignment machine & shut down the communications for 2 hours. It had happened at the shop before, & they had no clue in what was causing the machine to freeze up. After I realized it was the problem, everyone starting laughing about it. I had all of my rear shims out. I wasn't about to put it back together until the alignment was correct.

After doing the alignment, I have no faith that a level can get the camber correct. Maybe in the ballpark, but that's it!

:devil::bonkers::yahoo:Bet it felt good to finally tell the shop about that electrical problem with their machine....eh??:bonkers::shocking:

that's FUNNY....:yahoo::1st:

as for alignment, I got interested in doing my own on account of around OP Florida, I could not FIND a decent alignment shop and finally gave up, hell with it, on account of posts about home alignment, I printed out the specs and tables to DIY, and then went about setting up my garage to do it in....

it works.....come think of it, I going to post another thread about that....should fire up the engineers a goodly bit.....eh???:shocking::flash::goodnight: