I think this thing looks like a cheap ass kit car.

I would have said over pretentious wanna be in styling.....

kinda like a modern rock star.....look at me for my piss poor taste....

like those tats on the future permanently unemployed......

:D:(

But if i had xxx,xxx dollars to piss away on a car like that and I already had a Porsche and a Ford GT and a ZR1... then I'd buy the Lambo

:lol:

But if i had xxx,xxx dollars to piss away on a car like that and I already had a Porsche and a Ford GT and a ZR1... then I'd buy the Lambo

:lol:

In a perfect world, we too could be king.....

the title to this one was....'If I had two cats I could be king, but all I have is a cat and a mouse...'....

Attachments

• mrvette_Throne.jpg
    mrvette_Throne.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
No offense to any Pontiac guys. Pontiac has built some nice cars. But that car looks like a 90's Poncho gone wild. The design has so many angles and doodads. The angles have angles and the doodads have doodads. Way to much going on! Or maybe the angles have doodads? My eyes hurt.

I take it back, this is better looking.
7838580080large.jpg

Ralphy

Last edited:
When DeLorean left Poncho, it was the beginning of the end....shame really, as they were much better than chebby for some 30 years running, and could be bought near same price too....

it was rumored that Corvette was going to Pontiac at one point....dunno anything about any truth over it....

:surrender:

mrvette, I do remember rumors of the chief coming out with their own version of the Corvette.And damn your also right about DeLorean I thinks. Your jogging my old mind. Mom had a 62 Catalina, shades of Fireball Roberts.:rolleyes:

When DeLorean left Poncho, it was the beginning of the end....shame really, as they were much better than chebby for some 30 years running, and could be bought near same price too....

it was rumored that Corvette was going to Pontiac at one point....dunno anything about any truth over it....

mrvette, I do remember rumors of the chief coming out with their own version of the Corvette.And damn your also right about DeLorean I thinks. Your jogging my old mind. Mom had a 62 Catalina, shades of Fireball Roberts.:rolleyes:

My first car was a '60 vette, in '66 bought for a even 1000 bux, 283, WCFB, power slide, power windows, red, black scoops/sides, black interior/top....
I had sand in the trunk tire well to add weight to the rear, but sure enough the sand got wet and so the plastic started to crack/break up, and I took it out, making it tail assed light, lost it into a pole, head on one rainy night....

Due to insurance, I was forced to sell the vette and bought a long series of Pontiacs, first was a 456 geared 389 overbored .030 with a slim jim tranny....Turbo Rotohydromatic, which was replaced by a 4 speed dual coupling tranny that I learned how to redo the brain on, and totally block an accumulator and redo the brain so it shifted really quick and hard....
it was a '61 Catalina painted Caddy Firemist red, with rolled and pleated metalflake interior, factory type Pontiac tach on the dash....
second was a '67 Grand Prix coupe, repainted to Caddy Firemist GREEN white interior, AFB on a 400 turbo 400 273 rear....a buddy had the CONVERTIBLE model, same car only GP convertible ever made ...'67.....

and a '60 Bonneville, ALL of them had the 8 bolt Kelsey Hayes brake drums on them....one of the best looking wheel sets ever made, IMO....

then into Lemans that I made GTO's out of, once again for insurance reasons....

later on after the divorce from kid's mom, I got a '70 Lemans sport convertible, and a '70 Pontiac 462 inch, 400 turbo 321 Chevelle posi rear, and global west front suspension work, Camaro steering box, and I put direct port computer injection on it, made High Perf Pontiac mag for it, Feb '95 issue....Injected Madness, they of course screwed the pooch on the writeup.....several errors....I built the project over winter '91-92....
I used it as a tow car for the boat, 8000 lbs total weight me, kids, girlfriend, crap on board, 26 gallon Caddy fuel tank so into a long mountain pull out near I81 and I70 just west of Fredrick Maryland, a 4 mile pull about 10% grade, I would open that thing up and 1000 cfm throttle body with unsilenced air cleaner and duals would cut loose, plant our asses back in the seats, go into the pull at ~80 mph, top 100 mph by crest of the mountain under the Appalachian Trail, time to lift and the whole rig would just seem to flop under the weight....fun times....
I also had a '72 Lemans in there, the car went well over 300k miles was used as a delivery vehicle, commercial work when I sold it to a lady friend, her husband used to rebuild torque converters, and she delivered them....

been a while....:clobbered: