Driveshaft balancing

73 Mike

I'll drive it someday
Is it standard practice and necessary to balance a driveshaft after you replace U-joints? Granted I have a new yoke and am using a conversion U-joint on the front, but I would think that nothing has changed with respect to the balance.

I was planning on having it done yesterday, but traffic was bad and the shop closed early so i'll have to wait until Monday now.

Is it standard practice and necessary to balance a driveshaft after you replace U-joints? Granted I have a new yoke and am using a conversion U-joint on the front, but I would think that nothing has changed with respect to the balance.

I was planning on having it done yesterday, but traffic was bad and the shop closed early so i'll have to wait until Monday now.

New yoke? You betcha.

New yoke? You betcha.

You ought to know it's new! Very nice by the way. Thanks :rofl:

It's academic now anyways. I had hoped to take it for a run today or tomorrow. I broke off one of the oil cooling line fittings trying to bend it into shape. Can't find my flaring tool so an extra day won't matter.

Last edited:

New yoke? You betcha.

You ought to know it's new! Very nice by the way. Thanks :rofl:

It's academic now anyways. I had hoped to take it for a run today or tomorrow. I broke off one of the oil cooling line fittings trying to bend it into shape. Can't find my flaring tool so an extra day won't matter.

Bring the yoke too. They index it to the shaft.

The shaft is balanced with the yoke, at least that is what I was told when I bought the TKO kit from Keisler.... makes sense though ....