Need new parts washer pump

JPhil

Huh?
My Harbor Freight 20 gallon parts washer pump has finally siezed up for good. I used to be able to get it going by spinning it by hand (don't ask...) but no longer.

Jeez I do not want to buy a whole goddam new Chinese parts washer just for the pump, but the only pumps I can find on the computer cost as much or more than this whole thing. HF does not have replacement pumps listed. (golly, surprised?)

It's a 4" x 6" x 8" box that hangs on the side with the pump inside.

Anybody have any leads, ideas or advice?

To your issue, sorry I don't...try taking it WAY apart and maybe oil bearings/replace O rings/seals??? I suppose you already tried that....

but comment about HF....them guys are running ALL the stores here in OP Fl. outta the business, Sears, any other place has shit at X price HF got the same shit for .X price.....I got a second to talk to the store manager about some return item a few months ago, and he stated they had already sold some 4+ GRAND of shit, and this was before NOON on a weekday....a freeking WEEKDAY with no particular sale going on that I knew of.....

try THAT outta this local Sears in the mall, or local chain parts house....

4 GRAND of them tools in 3 HOURS?? holey shit man......

:hissyfit::banned:

My Harbor Freight 20 gallon parts washer pump has finally siezed up for good. I used to be able to get it going by spinning it by hand (don't ask...) but no longer.

Jeez I do not want to buy a whole goddam new Chinese parts washer just for the pump, but the only pumps I can find on the computer cost as much or more than this whole thing. HF does not have replacement pumps listed. (golly, surprised?)

It's a 4" x 6" x 8" box that hangs on the side with the pump inside.

Anybody have any leads, ideas or advice?

Take it back. I bet they exchange it for free.:tomato:

Appreciate it, but I think I have an inline fuel pump on the shelf. But I'd rather not mess with cobbling something together using a battery charger for a transformer for the 12 volt pump. I'd really rather just get a proper one I can plug in and flip the switch.

You might be able to get only the pump from HF, I bought a pump to build my own parts washer (still on the shelf here somewhere) from Princess Auto (similar to HF here in Canada). It was less than $20 if I remember right.

My local HF (75 minute drive one-way - local!!) won't do an exchange without a receipt - and often not after the 90 days unless you have purchased the extended warranty.

Good luck on that!

Cheers - Jim

I'm not looking for a free replacement, I got my money's worth & more from this one. I just want a "OEM" type replacement, I'll pay for it.
I'm gonna call the HF customer service line tomorrow and ask.
The local store, when I walked in yesterday and asked the cashier, she just flat said "No" But I stared at her her for a minute, not in an aggressive way, just implying "don't blow me off that fast honey" so she got on the phone and asked the manager and in the end they replied no I'm sorry we don't have anything like that. And in huge unspoken parenthesis was: "like whoa dude, we don't have that, just like buy a new tank it's like way cheaper and like we don't have any like 'parts'. (And I sure ain't gonna try to find out for you, cause like my break is in like 2 minutes, y'know?) Jeez, if you want """customer f**king service""" like go online dude. Talk to some desperate midnite phone bank slave in India for that. Parts? Here? like LOL! "customer service"? I mean like ROTFLMAO!"")
Oh and then of course the corporate mandated get written up if you don't say it, "Have a nice day, sir. Hope you had a good experience at Harbor Freight."
Ah, 21st century America.

I'm not looking for a free replacement, I got my money's worth & more from this one. I just want a "OEM" type replacement, I'll pay for it.
I'm gonna call the HF customer service line tomorrow and ask.
The local store, when I walked in yesterday and asked the cashier, she just flat said "No" But I stared at her her for a minute, not in an aggressive way, just implying "don't blow me off that fast honey" so she got on the phone and asked the manager and in the end they replied no I'm sorry we don't have anything like that. And in huge unspoken parenthesis was: "like whoa dude, we don't have that, just like buy a new tank it's like way cheaper and like we don't have any like 'parts'. (And I sure ain't gonna try to find out for you, cause like my break is in like 2 minutes, y'know?) Jeez, if you want """customer f**king service""" like go online dude. Talk to some desperate midnite phone bank slave in India for that. Parts? Here? like LOL! "customer service"? I mean like ROTFLMAO!"")
Oh and then of course the corporate mandated get written up if you don't say it, "Have a nice day, sir. Hope you had a good experience at Harbor Freight."
Ah, 21st century America.

Not to get too off topic, but I sense the same thing at a drive thru joint.
"Hurry up mister, here's your f**king food. Get outta here."

I just got off the phone with the Harbor Freight customer service dept.
A very nice, polite helpful young man who called himself 'Mike'. Yes, a phone bank in India & judging from his accent I don't think his real name is 'Mike'. But he spoke the king's english and I could understand him better than many of the Americans I have dealt with on the phone who speak 'ebonics with attitude.' In 5 minutes, I ordered a new replacement pump for my model for $21 + $7 shipping, it will arrive in a week.