BB Valve Covers "Holley" Finned Aluminum Numbers Matching

Richard454

They're just collecting dust- sitting in my basement. I have TWO sets- 4 covers total.

One set I know I bought my senior year in high school...and I went to my thirtieth reunion this past summer- you do the math!

Holley has come back out w/ the M/T versions - and Summit is selling them for $139-But I haven't seen just the "Holley" ones. There's a Ford BB set on Ebay that sold for $128....
Anyway- in good shape- no cracks or deep nicks- I just hosed them off. The paint is chipping in places- Black wrinkle finish.

These ARE NUMBERS Matching!!!! All four of them have the same embossed number on the inside the cover "140R-6B" don't be fooled by restamps....

I want $75/set + shipping or make me a deal for both sets....

PLEASE email me rather than PM - Include your zip and can send extra pics if needed. richard454@ comcastDOTnet

Thanks-

Richard

DSCN1111.jpg

Set A- I think these are the oldest- by looking at the casting- these are the ones I bought in High School....

DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

Set B

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

Interesting. I just read an article last night about those early BBC covers. Seems as though Holley and the real early Edelbrock covers were the only ones that cast the oil drippers into the covers.

Hey Tim

Really? I didn't know that.

I just looked at the "Vintage style" M/T ones Summit is selling - and even checked the Holley website if it said anything about the drippers- No mention.

I'm also a little bummed that stuff I was buying in High School is now considered Vintage.....

Richard

Hey Tim

I'm also a little bummed that stuff I was buying in High School is now considered Vintage.....

Richard

I have some of the same problem.. But then I'm old enough to be considered "vintage" too. Haven't quite made it into the "Antique" category yet.

The drippers were an add-in thing from GM too. They found out the rockers were galling and burning during the road racing days and they fixed it with the drippers and grooves in the rocker balls.(At least that's what I've heard)

Last edited:
Hey Tim

Richard

I have some of the same problem.. But then I'm old enough to be considered "vintage" too. Haven't quite made it into the "Antique" category yet.

The drippers were an add-in thing from GM too. They found out the rockers were galling and burning during the road racing days and they fixed it with the drippers and grooves in the rocker balls.(At least that's what I've heard)

Got 15 some odd years on you kids.....:bomb:

So that would place you solidly into the "antique" catagory?

I believe Gene may be older than my Model T Ford.:smash::smash:

My Dad's first car was a model T......when old enough to know who made what, I asked what he bought next...a Chebby....so Why? he glanced at Mom and she snickered....seems the T snapped back at him and broke his wrist....

Kettering and the electric starter.....of the Sloan Kettering Cancer fame....

Al Sloan being the CFO /head money man of GM....almost 100 years ago...

:thumbs: