Super T10 Speedo Drive/Driven Gears

Garys 68

I'm rebuilding an 82 f body super T10. It's an oddball trans with attachment for a torque arm and a 27 spline TH350 output shaft.
I'm trying to figure out the speedo drive/driven gears used on this. The drive gear is 9 tooth with a 32 spline internal pattern (they neck down the output shaft to 27 splines after the speedo gear). OD of the gear is 1.84"
I dont think I've ever seen a 9 tooth. Is there a replacement for this or will a super T10 7 tooth work?
The driven gear is red, 21 tooth, 0.78 OD and 2.22" overall length. I'm thinking tis is the same as a TH350, can anyone confirm.

Trans:
DSCN0391.jpg

Drive gear:
DSCN0423.jpg

Driven gear:
DSCN0428.jpg

I dont think the T350 was a splined driven gear. I think it was more like the 700r4 and used a retainer to lock the gear to the output shaft. But I could be wrong and generally am.

But I believe T5's came with 9 tooth gears perhaps there spline count is the same.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just wanted to make sure other super T10 drive gears work, ie 8 tooth. The current gears look a little rough.
I'm running an aftermarket sppedo with a ratio adapter. To match the current muncie, I'll need a 8/17, drive/driven gear ratio.

Just ordered, thanks for the link. The driven gear page gives the 1.84" diameter drive gear measurement. Just what I needed.

The Gear box came through with the gears, in the same ratio as the Muncie I'm replacing.
Their price for the drive gear was half of what I found elsewhere and they gave me the dimensions on the phone so I was sure I got the right stuff.
Now going to try to add a VSS to the trans too.