product review Nexion cut 50dx plasma cutter ebay purchase

bobs77vet

well i succumbed to the lure of an ebay cheap chineese plasma cutter, it is a 110/220 self sensing inverter unit with a 2 yr warranty. i have wanted a plasma cutter for a long time and just couldnt afford the USA ones and having recently upgraded from my lincoln 110v Mig to the 220v Hobart Handler 190 i was feeling lonely in the plasma dept....so i have been watching ebay for new and used plasma cutters.....used American and new Chineese....and Nexion sells their cut 50dx version with one always being offered for sale, usually it gets bid up to about $250 or more and then sells with an additional $49 shipping......it didnt really get me hot and bothered at $300......however when it was only bid up to $150 clams with 12 mins left it got my attention.....so i offered up to $177.50 and won the auction so total cost was $226.50

this thing is awsome.......I was scared it wouldn't work and be just crap....the 2yr warranty gave me some assurance. it arrived last night and i set it up. i will say the directions are pretty much worthless but if you have set up Mig welders before there really is no surprise to the set up. i wired it for 110v which only gives you up to 64% power for cutting (according to the digital read out) and started cutting away. this thing was wonderful and easily cut through 1/4" angle iron. i had some 1/2 stock welded to 1/4 angle iron and it put a serious cut in this 3/4" of metal. remember now that i have no idea how to use this thing or what the air compressor setting should have been. i just set it up so the air pressure was in the 30-40 psi range which was in the middle of the PSI gauge....i was really more interested in making sure the fan would work and the things would strike and arc..

i know people always blast inexpensive Chineese stuff but if this thing works for the 2yr warranty period i will be very well satisfied with my purchase, bob

http://nexiontech.com/product.php?id_product=26

Last edited:
holy cow we wired it up to 220 today and this thing just flies through metal i dont see how i ever lived with out one.....tomorrow we cut up an old 5 drawer filing cabinet for the sheetmetal for my welding cart.