will a 90 PBR plastic brake booster fit in a 82 vette?

use the original one. if I remember correctly, the holes had to be widened to slots

I"d go Hydroboost and get some real breaks on the car....those shark boosters are not worth crap from the factory, I hate break pedals that go 1/2 way to the floor, or that I can stand on it and force to the firewall, that instills NO confidence in the system....

hydroboost = bandaid

I cures the problems, instant cure on my vette, as I proved by never disconnecting the master cyl...simply moved forward off the mount, and slipped on the HB....instant cure for shitty brakes....in fact it was a large bore truck m/c and so had to change it for stock bore, so went aluminum aftermarket to get SOME feel back to the brakes....

:rofl:

hydroboost = bandaid

I cures the problems, instant cure on my vette, as I proved by never disconnecting the master cyl...simply moved forward off the mount, and slipped on the HB....instant cure for shitty brakes....in fact it was a large bore truck m/c and so had to change it for stock bore, so went aluminum aftermarket to get SOME feel back to the brakes....

I have always liked the brakes on my 82 never had a problem with them. But will be putting 1990 J55 brakes on the car.

hydroboost = bandaid

I have always liked the brakes on my 82 never had a problem with them. But will be putting 1990 J55 brakes on the car.

Hey, if you like the feel, fine, just that no matter WTF I did my '72 here was a shadow of any other car, which I was used to...A body, B body, F body, Mopar, Van, Ford, Jap, my '72 NEVER had even 1/2 the pedal confidence of them all....all I can say is my observations....on my car...I tore the booster apart after a week or so use with the HB, just to know what was what...and could find NO defect in the booster, no leaks, no rust, nothing....

only thing I can do is write it off to bad design....and DAmoroso down the road agrees with me....seems all the HB users in sharks DO.....

:bump::nuts:

hydroboost = bandaid

Hey, if you like the feel, fine, just that no matter WTF I did my '72 here was a shadow of any other car, which I was used to...A body, B body, F body, Mopar, Van, Ford, Jap, my '72 NEVER had even 1/2 the pedal confidence of them all....all I can say is my observations....on my car...I tore the booster apart after a week or so use with the HB, just to know what was what...and could find NO defect in the booster, no leaks, no rust, nothing....

only thing I can do is write it off to bad design....and DAmoroso down the road agrees with me....seems all the HB users in sharks DO.....

:bump::nuts:

My best friend has a 90 vette with the 12" brakes and he said my 82 had way better braking then his 90 and far less fade. Perhaps my 82 had a brake upgrade in it's life as well I don't know. But it seems to brake as hard as my 97 camaro with ease. But I also don't drive my cars hard either so there brakes probably don't experience what some of yours do.

I really wish the 82 could have abs like my 97 camaro though, Fairly certain the camaro can stop quiker on wet pavent then the vette can on dry pavement. But on wet pavement the vette would just skid off into oblivion hahaha ....

I dunno man, never had either car on a track other than autocross and maybe a dragstrip pass or two, years ago....uneventful.....did activate the ABS on the '87 once on the way to dinner, with the top down to boot....;-)))

i'ts not like the '72 couldn't stop, just that it stopped with the pedal almost on the floor, gave me the BAD feeling, ....

:shocking::flash:

I dunno man, never had either car on a track other than autocross and maybe a dragstrip pass or two, years ago....uneventful.....did activate the ABS on the '87 once on the way to dinner, with the top down to boot....;-)))

i'ts not like the '72 couldn't stop, just that it stopped with the pedal almost on the floor, gave me the BAD feeling, ....

:shocking::flash:

Nah my 82 was never anything like that.