Would this radiator fit?

Worship79

I'm looking for a new radiator. Stock ones (3-row) are listed on ebay for about $163,- new. But there's also the option of an aluminum radiator and for $199,- why go stock, right? I know DeWitts is popular but I'm buying a house in the near future and becoming a father in august (first time, woohoo!), so if I can spare a few hundred bucks... I will :p

Looking at these two ebay ads: would they fit my '79? Any downsides or possible problem areas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360050945443

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220224273500

Thanks!

I think you will find most rads are getting very generic these daze, and you find a good rad supply house locally, and save shipping....bet the prices are damn similar if not same.....

and that way you can take your original to match it up....

I used a rad for a late F body V8 it's the aluminum single row 1.25" core and plastic tank thing...but only 160 bux locally....it fit's my '72 just fine....for some reason the rad sized changed in later years even though it's all a SBC....dunno why, it's what I hear....maybe measure the core and call around to save a trip first.....

Gene: Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

:)

Halim, that one should fit if you rework the lower rad hose connection.

Gene: Location: The Hague, The Netherlands

:)

Halim, that one should fit if you rework the lower rad hose connection.

TT, I noted that AFTER I typed the reply....thing that does bother me is the international shipping for some China made product and his possible problems with returns/etc....

U guys that bad off on rad shops and matching up something by spec???

that's all I did to find this rad I using....tape measure and spec book...

second pull off shelf, and It works, so I note the car it fits, so I know what to call out....

like I keep notes for all the crap I have, so like my work truck brakes/seals/etc for the rear diffy, it's a '75 Chrysler tow package 440 Newport posi diffy....turns out to be a 9.25 Auburn posi rear...

:D

all my shit is a bolt together allmost as bad as you guys....

:stirpot::lol:

They look identical to me, both need the lower hose connection cut and rewelded for a steeper angle. Very easy for someone w/ an AC tig machine

Back from the d... diapers :amused:

I went ahead and bought an Ebay alu rad. The below one to be exact. Both size and angle of the lower hose connection seem to be right. If the latter isn't I know a good welder to fix that for me.

Will take a while to get here though, first flat rate from Jackson, Georgia to Buffalo, texas. Then it's shipped via container to The Netherlands. If it's here in March I'd be very happy, especially since the only thing keeping my old rad from leaking is two bottles of Bars stop leak. :sweat:

Radiator: http://ebayitem.com/280303090020

Looks good, the lower connection seems to be pointing "up" like it should, hopefully it's not just a generic pic....

Mine is some Summit/Ebay aluminum radiator and the lower connection angle is off, it's very tight at the frame but there are solutions:
have the stub cut and welded at an improved angle, or: use two ellbows with hose connectors to clear the frame and run the hose from there

I have stainless flex tubing that I bought to replace the upper hose (add some bling)... that might work for the lower hose as well....

Looks like you will be in business with that with little or no mods. What are you going to do for a fan? Electric is the way to go, sure cleans up the engine bay a Lot.

Anything incorrect in my post there then? You were rude, I gave you my opinion, you told me to shove it, end of story.

Yes, incorrect indeed, and totaly needless to spread there. Guess that's the way you treat people who tried to help you out. You are some piece of work!
Even if I was rude, it was none of your business, so indeed butt out or shove it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-...-cs-alternator-swap-paper.html#post1567632906

That's the offending post. You had to butt in and talk shit about me on the ICC forum because of it. Why don't you change your name to Worship_Durango_boy .... afterall, he's a great guy who sold you worthless headlamps with non EU beam patterns :kissass: A minor offence for a convicted career criminal like him.

Short tempered are you? Didn't know someone could bare a grudge so long for just a bit of sarcasm. Well, as I recall you actually told me you weren't about to help me again, so in that light the comment was very much relevant in that ICC topic.

Also I literally only said:
Zal denk ik niet snel weer wat voor me maken... kennelijk mag je in ieder geval Xander er niet op wijzen dat zijn taalgebruik niet zo grof hoeft (alleen omdat hij het niet eens was met hetgeen gepost door een bepaald persoon -niet ik-). Jammer.

Which translates:
Won't make me anything againg soon I guess... apperantly it's not allowed to point him to the fact his language doesn't have to be so rude (just because he disagreed with a post by a certain person -not me-). Too bad.

I do not consider that talking shit, as for talking shit and/or crap it's obvious to see that you are talking way more of it in your last two posts than I have in any way on the ICC or corvetteforum. Other than that I'm not debating what is or is not my business, thank you.

Now if you'd give it a rest, the others on the forum are getting bored and I don't care. :rolleyes:

I'll add my 2 cents here, I too think you're a disrespectful piece of shit for posting that over @ the ICC (especially knowing the history we have with them). They have no business in it, so why did you have to air that there? Keep in mind, Xander made you that harness and shipped it to you the day we flew out to Chicago. He went out of his way so you could have some working lights on your car.

I can understand how he feels crapped on by you, I kind of feel the same way, only difference is, I didn't spend 4 hours wiring up that harness.

As for others getting bored, since when do you have to speak for others? If others have a problem they can voice that themselves, they don't need you to act on their behalf, just like you don't need to stick your nose in business that isn't yours to begin with.

Ah, calling names now are we? I think you can back up your brother just fine without lowering yourself to that.

First off, it's just as much my right to ask him to keep it civil as for him to burn down others like he does. And since when does having made me something, which I did not even know at that time, mean I'm not allowed to disagree with him? Nor does him going out of his way to send me the harness (which I also did not know at that time nor when posting on the ICC forum) mean that either. It's BS and you both know it.

Besides that you are conveniently overlooking the thanks and compliments I voiced on the same and other forums.

Furthermore the only thing I know about your ICC history is you were once founders, and I guess by your reaction you did not part as friends. How, what, where or why I don't know and don't care. You can go ahead and hold things I don't know against me, but it's not very reasonable.

I'm sorry if I hurt his feelings, but this is just crazy. The post was back in December, he could also have contacted me then and ask me to remove or edit the post. You know: "Hey man, I don't like what you wrote, please remove it". But I guess getting right into peoples faces and calling them names like this, immediately assuming someone is out for the worst is normal.

So, I apologize for mentioning him on the ICC forum, and I'll have the post removed too (can't edit it any more myself). But I also think he should apologize for flaming me like this for such a small 'offence'. Which I frankly doubt he'll do.

Last edited:
I'm not going to apologize, and here is why (and I feel I can say what I think about you, you can say what you think about me too...see if I care)

Even if I hadn't helped you out, what gives you the right to judge me in a thread that wasn't started by you, or in any way pertained to you. It was something between me and the other guy, and you don't even know the history or any of the details behind the whole arguement. I also strongly disagree with you classifying my language as rude.

Check the date when you received that harness. You'll see when it was sent, FYI we landed on Chicago O'Hare on the 26th of August last year....that would have been the day before you got the package in the mail. No BS there, not at all.

Bottom line, I'm done. This is the last time I'm doing someone a favor. And if you want to know about the ICC, something similar happened there. One of those guys had his complete frame/suspension and steering overhauled by us. All new bushings, powdercoated parts, rebuilt steering and all we got in return was a foul taste in the mouth, endless hours wasted on that car, a big fat gas bill (from driving up to him) a wrecked optima red top costing 200 euros (returned with one cell damaged), a steering control valve (another 350 euros) returned after having been wrecked and a stolen 82 (one year only part) transducer (which we recently got returned).

The post was back in December, but I got made aware of it only recently. That, and the post on CF sure is a nice way to treat someone after they helped you out! It's a reoccuring thing, seems to be the norm with Corvette owners in NL, first accept help and then stab someone in the back.

nuff said.

I don't know if you care, probably not. I'm just about settings things straight and in perspective. I appreciate you responding in a less aggressive tone.

I was not saying you did not go out of your way to send me that package. I'm saying I didn't KNOW you did. I didn't know you made it, I didn't know when you sent it. Yes, there is a date on the package. It's the postoffice stamp (ink) on the postage sticker. I had to use a light to be able to read '25 augustus'. Now who reads this, really?

Furthermore I don't judge anyone, I merely asked to keep it civil by making a sarcastic remark. A remark I thought you could take seen the fact you like to make them yourself often enough. Also, I don't need a right to post anything, the post did not perpetain you either did it? Did not stop you from posting either. In light of the above I do not consider the CF post a stab in the back nor a sign of ingratitude.

As for the ICC post, you may not have liked it, it still contains no lies. Seen the topic is about my lights (yes, I should not have bought the DB lights) and the harness you made, it was relevant to mention I was not going to get any more help from you with it and why. I did not insult you in it, I did not make fun of you and I also stated I thought it was too bad as well.

I now understand how your ICC history ticks you off, but holding it against me and reacting like that is unreasonable. Assuming that because I'm a member I must know of your history with the club is jumping to conclusions. Another poster stated you were the founders, how am I to derive from that you got BS-ed by some guy I don't even know. It's not like you or your brother are the topic of every meeting, of which I only attended two in two years time at that. Is this also why you left the club? Assuming you have left the club. I'm unaware of that as well, before you throw that in my face too.

So someone on the ICC forum tipped you about my post, I thought maybe you ran into it through Google or something. Talk about being stabbed in the back.

All in all, I regret things went like this. I had no evil intentions, most certainly not in the magnitude you and your brother are accusing me of. If I had, trust me, I would have made that unmistakingly obvious. I don't beat around the bush in such cases.

AutoZone sells it (Spectre), it's not cheap, like $60. It comes with rubber ends, clamps and sleeves that hide the clapms. It's stainless (at least the bax says it's stainless, haven't taken a magnet to it... doubt it's 304SS, probably the cheaper 422SS)

I've seen it in Summit/Jegs catalogs too.

AutoZone sells it (Spectre), it's not cheap, like $60. It comes with rubber ends, clamps and sleeves that hide the clapms. It's stainless (at least the bax says it's stainless, haven't taken a magnet to it... doubt it's 304SS, probably the cheaper 422SS)

I've seen it in Summit/Jegs catalogs too.

That lower hose lays down on the frame. I wonder how many miles before metal on metal contact wears it through. Show n' shiners will probably never find out.