Walmart......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Went got two small tires for wife's car 150 bux out the door....185/14 something...all fees included....

Went this morning early and got two new Goodyear Wranglers...235/75/15 for front of DIL's Exploder 192.xx out the door, all fees included.....

about 50 bux cheeper than any other of 50 billion tire dealers up/down this street.....

like 'em or not, Wallyworld can do .....

:clobbered::nuts::huh:

Discount Tire offers price-match.... They even match Tirerack price plus shipping....

That's pretty impressive, I have been using Tirerack.

got the tires for my C6 there... told them how much Tirerack is, they added shipping (which I think is fair) and cut me a deal on mounting, balancing and road hazard.... $850 out the door... still quiet painful.....

i also bought my Mustang tires there and they replaced one under their road hazard program, had a puncture (saw the hole but no nail or screw) and since it happened on the interstate at 75mph the sidewall was destroyed... no problems, no questions asked.....

I have "Big O" in my town. They will match or beat any Walmart price. Better selection too.

I have "Big O" in my town. They will match or beat any Walmart price. Better selection too.

Trick is about this 'selection' gig, that is it seems everyone and their dawg is in the friggin' tire business with some private label, like wally world with 'made by Goodyear/rich/poor/lin/stone/kelly/whoever.....so who knows about quality any more.....

have Goodyears on all 99 corners of the MH, but I really don't care for them much....too many delaminations and problems over the years....

I really dunno who to trust for a decent tire anymore....:noworry::sos::suicide:

535.00 installed riken 275/40/17 forget where I bought them but they are now on my Camaro and have 2k miles on them and love them so far.

0213101655.jpg

0213101655a.jpg

275tire.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could find 275/50/17 tires for rear of my shark....discontinued by Nitto the only guys making them....40 looks bad in the opening...:suicide::bomb:

Wish I could find 275/50/17 tires for rear of my shark....discontinued by Nitto the only guys making them....40 looks bad in the opening...:suicide::bomb:

you can still buy them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-Nitto...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d004f873

Bought my last two sets for 100 bux each 250 out the door, ready to go....

oh well, thanks for trying....IF I understand correctly they would be about 4-5 years old warehouse stock ....today....and I don't need them for another 2 years.....guess 255 is the size now....

:suicide:

Trick is about this 'selection' gig, that is it seems everyone and their dawg is in the friggin' tire business with some private label, like wally world with 'made by Goodyear/rich/poor/lin/stone/kelly/whoever.....so who knows about quality any more.....

have Goodyears on all 99 corners of the MH, but I really don't care for them much....too many delaminations and problems over the years....

I really dunno who to trust for a decent tire anymore....:noworry::sos::suicide:

I have Big O Bigfoot tires on my pickup. They are 6 ply and they seem to last forever. My wife had Goodrich Radial T/A on her Explorer and they wore out VERY fast. I had Goodyear Wranglers on my 92 Jeep and they seemed to hunt down every road hazard they could find. Every one of them including the spare had plugs in them. Had Goodyears on my 2002 Monte Carlos and they were just fine. Go figure. :amazed: