T5 part: what's its name / where to find it

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Preparing the G-Force case for the rebuilt, I'm stripping the old case and found a part impossible to remove.
This is the pivot of the reverse lever that bolt above the reverse switch, at the middle top of this image :
16554e8a723d53098.jpg

I even brought it to a garage nearby, they broke a T30? head trying to unbolt it. Any idea on how to remove this sucker?
I just can't find the exact name of this, thus I can't find it on Ebay nor Summit.

I need your help on this guys.

If it is torx use a impact driver with the torx attached to it and bang it hard with a hammer and it should break free.

If it is torx use a impact driver with the torx attached to it and bang it hard with a hammer and it should break free.
That what the guy at the garage tried (impact driver)... his torx head exploded :crap:

I'll try tonight to heat it and bang the hell out of it. In case it won't move I'd like to know the name of the part.

The golden part? The 5r shift lever?? There's a retainer clip on it.

Remove the spring on the reverse shift rail and pull the rail out, that will give you access to the clip.

wow, if I had any transmission work in my future I'd save that file :)
You then might enjoy this one as well :
www.flatheadv8.org/T5Rebuild.pdf
To my regret this pdf (I downloaded a while ago) was containing the information too, I should have thought about this, sorry:noob:
Good to know it's wasn't entirely pointless.
Went from work too late, can't hammer like crazy that late, will try to whack the little fucker ASAP.

Ok, tried everything I could, heat, hammer, nothing could make the sucker move.
NAPA don't sell this parts, at least here in Canada.
So, before I cut my old case to break it free, I'm doing one last call if someone knows where to find it.
On the diagram below, it's the part #149 (bottom left), allegedly called "pivot pin".

1a320720.jpg

The pin is not a service part during rebuild so it's left in. Since you are swapping cases, heat will be the solution. Try localized heat with a small torch. Never removed the pin before. Hope you succeed.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk