Garage Storage Ideas

Red

I was shooting some photos and got the idea to start this thread. A couple buddies like my grinder storage made with coat hanger wire. Also, check out the grease gun and cartridge storage to the right.
TVHangerinGarage014.jpg
[/IMG]
I have four ralley wheels to store and they were in the way. I stacked them using modified drum bands to hold them together. Now the stack can be used as a table, or have the top wheel removed and it becomes a step stool.
79RadiatorReplacement099.jpg
[/IMG]
These are the bands I picked up for a few dollars at a place that deals with drums. I drilled the latch spot welds, shortened the bands to size and pop riveted the latch back to the ring. They work like a charm.
79RadiatorReplacement092.jpg
[/IMG]
My small shop vac was in the way and I wanted it readily accessible. A short piece of PVC and tie wraps did the trick. I used an aluminum burr to notch the PVC, but a file will work as well.
79RadiatorReplacement107.jpg
[/IMG]
If you spend any time in the garage, you want to keep track of your favorite sport team. I had this TV from and old van and scrap metal in the bid. It didn't take long to make this TV wall hanger. It pivots both at the wall and TV for my viewing pleasure. It only cost me time.
TVHangerinGarage011.jpg
One more. Making tools readily accessible, but out of the way is always nice. With an old paint tray and some styrofoam this storage for small rotary brushes works for me. On the wall larger cup and rope brushes are hanging from a coat hangar wire. This is not only accessible, but enables you to takes fast inventory. A piece of scrap rain gutter makes for a handy wall storage unit.
TVHangerinGarage015.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
DAMNIT man, just damnit, here I am in the pile of junk stage after 15 years, and you all organized and shit.....

:crutches::hissyfit:

DAMNIT man, just damnit, here I am in the pile of junk stage after 15 years, and you all organized and shit.....

You can relax Gene, the garage is a mess, but if you give me a warning when you might arrive this way, I will make an effort to impress. There some dead insects that need to be swept up and maybe a lizard or two. Once I catch the snake I will be back on track. New tools and parts are making me happy.

You can relax Gene, the garage is a mess, but if you give me a warning when you might arrive this way, I will make an effort to impress. There some dead insects that need to be swept up and maybe a lizard or two. Once I catch the snake I will be back on track. New tools and parts are making me happy.

Mike, remember that thread about who has the messiest garage...?? so I put some shots of my crap heap and capped the thread....shut 'em down tight, ...:hissyfit::censored::crutches:

I have crap laying all over the place...maybe I need to do some organizing...but I doubt I will get to your level:D

Great ideas, Mike :thumbs:

I probably qualify for a place in the top ten in the "messiest garage" category :D

Mike, remember that thread about who has the messiest garage...?? so I put some shots of my crap heap and capped the thread....shut 'em down tight, ...:hissyfit::censored::crutches:
I missed that thread, do you have a link?

I think it was on Corvetteforum years ago.....I doubt it was here....maybe digitalcorvettes?? Thevettebarn was not around then....

:crutches: