Guy From The Northeast

CNC BLOCKS

V-Twin emailed me and asked if I would come over help out on some teck stuff, We build and do machine work on performance engines and have been at this for 30 plus years now.

If any body ever needs some advice on something feel free to get a hold of me and I will see what I can do, I post on 25 plus forums to help engine builder and shops all over here is my website http://www.cncblocksnortheast.com/

Thanks Carl Hinkson

Welcome aboard. I was reading a post over at CF yesterday where you were trying to give some advice on a block...I think measuring with fealer guages came up....or some such thing.

You were giving some good info, but some goof was riding your azz and asking about certifications, etc.....

Anyway, it is good to see you here. :hi:

Welcome aboard. I was reading a post over at CF yesterday where you were trying to give some advice on a block...I think measuring with fealer guages came up....or some such thing.

You were giving some good info, but some goof was riding your azz and asking about certifications, etc.....

Anyway, it is good to see you here. :hi:

Ya I get into these debates from time to time as there is a right way to do thing and there is half ass way to do things.

Would you want this guy or his machinst working on your engines. HMMM

Thanks Carl

but...but...if it looks good, it must be... right? That's the going theory "over there" :D It doesn't matter if it runs at all, if it's a looker you get all the ooohs and aaahs :)

Great to have you here :thumbs:

Close enuf is only good for horseshoes and hand grenades, anything else is like playing Russian Roulette with 6 full chambers. They make fine, precision, measuring tools and equipment for a reason. "If it dont go chrome it" is only an option if you loose your ignition key ! Peace,,,Moosie :amused:

Even using cheap chinese measuring tools is better than nothing, they may not last you a lifetime like a quality mitutoyo or starrett set will, but you will have a measurement.

Even using cheap chinese measuring tools is better than nothing, they may not last you a lifetime like a quality mitutoyo or starrett set will, but you will have a measurement.

Agree..... in addition you should use the same tool for measuring: let's say you measure the crank journal with an outside micrometer, verify the reading by measuring the OD micrometer with an inside micrometer. No take the inside micrometer and measure the bearing ID.... if the micrometer is off a few thousands it'll be off by the same amount for both readings - therefore the clearance is accurate (hope this makes sense) :clobbered: