Truck/Motor Home tires....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Class C motor home 15' of aluminum and wood behind the P30 chebby van seats....8000 lbs GVW.....on the rear I have 4 225/70/16 tubeless Goodyear Wranglers off a friend's Jeep Cherokee....two ply sidewall, 4 on steel tread....
but being 4 of them at 1800 lbs each that's 6000 lbs in the rear.....

The front tires are very very old at 12 years.....225/75/16 now some folks think maybe I need a full truck tire on there....8-10 plies etc....

I don't think so......who is correct?? Could I get away with a michelin SUV tire? say 225/70/16 same as rear....2 ply side 4 with tread???

:hissyfit::eek:

If all it's going to do is set in the yard while you work on it, car tires will be fine. If you ever plan to use it as an actual traveling RV, then don't cheap out--put truck tires on all the way around.

cant you look at load ratings for the tires to make your determiation? and see if the big SUV have the load rating you need?

If all it's going to do is set in the yard while you work on it, car tires will be fine. If you ever plan to use it as an actual traveling RV, then don't cheap out--put truck tires on all the way around.

Yepper.:thumbs:

I'd say load range E tires. This is NOT someplace to go cheap. That much weight and a high profile to boot. I know your azz is not worth much, but what about your bride?

:friends:

I'd say load range E tires. This is NOT someplace to go cheap. That much weight and a high profile to boot. I know your azz is not worth much, but what about your bride?

:friends:

I was about to buy some 2 y/o Michelins for the front, but backed up at last minit, and got to thinking about it, talked around and started getting this information.....but to a certain extent it makes no sense....

lets ASSume the thing weighs 8000 lbs GVW....so maybe 6000 on the back and 2000 on the front....fair guess....

1800 lbs each tire....so figger a conversational 1500 each in the rear as existing....6000 lbs which is why they are there in the first place....even being Passenger metric....

but on the front, I can't see the weight being there....even 3000 lbs....
at most....

WHY all this about tires?? some guys say it's because of the vehicle height, and sidewall flex will blow out the side walls.....

this is my first rodeo on this shit, so I really dunno....but have a line on maybe some used tires with some years left on them yet.....

:crap::crutches:

how much load do you think is on the tires when you have the camper fully loaded and you hit a pothole at 70 mph ?? or if you slam on the brakes and the load shifts to the front ??
how about cornering ?

i'd play it safe :D

The tires should be LT not car tires LT225/75/16 D are around 3000lbs at full rated pressure and the E are around 3500lbs ea.
Big difference in sidewall stiffness and squirm.
At least get good ones for the front. :smash:

Check the Ryder or Uhaul local service centers for some good takeoffs cheap.

This. But if you decide to do otherwise, please let us know a detailed itinerary including vehicle description and route taken so we can avoid your ass.

This. But if you decide to do otherwise, please let us know a detailed itinerary including vehicle description and route taken so we can avoid your ass.

POINT TAKEN......

asswhole......

:surrender::censored::lol: