700 r4 problems....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
In the class C motor home, the 700 I built last year seems to have a problem, it is that if I really hit the gas in first gear going up the road, the tranny seems to jitter a little bit, but nothing violent....BUT when backing up the drive in reverse it shudders quite a bit, and when pulling the front wheels up over the curb ditch the thing raises hell.....

so checking line pressures off the one port on the left side, the thing puts out about 75 at idle in park/neutral.....jumps to maybe 90 in drive, pull the throttle cable and it goes to maybe 125-140, and in reverse it's supposed to go to ~250 psi when cable is pulled, it does not, not even 1/2 of that.....

so I got out there this morning before the heat hit, and pulled the bitch back outta there yet again.... pulled the front pump and expected to find a messed up pressure valve, it came apart clean and looked good, SO, the rear pump gasket to the case looks good.....

any clues as to what to do NOW???

:hissyfit:

oh, edit, the tranny is out of a '92 pickup so has the aux valve body and other updates....
and a Trans Go shift kit.....new converter too, and O ring good on the shaft....