Camper running/quits when hot.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Chebby P30 motor home, Qjet on a 350, 700 tranny, dualie rear...

when it's 100f outside, driving in traffic the engine will slowly get up to 180 but not over 200f according to the electrical gauge anyway...tranny has a mechanical gauge and runs 160-180.....

so only in stop/go traffic from red light to red light, the engine just up and quits, maybe a minit later, it starts right up again, does drag the starter a bit though....

when it quits, it don't backfire, just dies all of a sudden, makes me wonder if the HEI is failing?? I had to change the intake mani as I tried that, thinking it was a fuel perk problem....

anyone with any experiences on similar vehicles..?? vans??

the thing has headers, from p/o but I fail to see how that would screw up heating problems.....since it IS a Qjet on there, the fuel pressures are really lo, and I wonder if maybe perk is coming on the suction side of the fuel pump, maybe??

:hissyfit::clobbered:

It's the coil. They get hot and open circuit. Cool back down and make contact again.

normally the modules don't come back.

It's the coil. They get hot and open circuit. Cool back down and make contact again.

normally the modules don't come back.

Yeh, I usually solder all the connections to the tabs.....they lazy as hell and don't scrape the formvar off the wire, just crimp over it....so I scrape it and solder....

I think I maybe have fixed it, the fuel system was rerouted to the other side of the frame from the close exhaust pipe, I think it was into perk, and I pulled out a old glass filter /water separator? and it was total junk and full of crap, I had thought it looked ok, boy I was RONG!!!

but I had a good large FI filter in the line and i'ts fine now....