Exhaust Install Question

DO2G

I'm getting ready to install a new dual exhuast in my 78 4sp. Do i need to somehow secure the pipes through the crossmember to prevent vibration?

Welcome aboard,:drink:

if you are using a premade system you will probably need that exhaust system hanger bracket they used with the stock systems......

but if you are getting one made up custom by a shot that knows WTF they are doing, it's not needed.....my guy took it out years ago, and so it sets on the shelf.....available if you need one...

it's kinda hard to spot up under there so maybe you allready have one there, it fits under the tranny mount....

The new SS exhaust by Magnaflow that will be sold via Corvette Central has the tranny hanger just in front of the holes. It's sole purpose is to prevent contact and noise.

Get rid of the crossmember and get one where the exhaust passes underneath or fab one up. The through system is a PITA and the exhaust passes too close to the transmission IMO.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will play around with it and see how it fits. It's the Magnaflow dual from Corvette Central I got a few months ago...just getting around to the install.

Get rid of the crossmember and get one where the exhaust passes underneath or fab one up. The through system is a PITA and the exhaust passes too close to the transmission IMO.

Above is true, i'ts what I did.....fed up with that holy mess....

:banghead::banghead: