What tire is right rear??????

496BBC

I know this is simple but I keep second guessing myself

Is it the pass side or the driver side?

Do you stand at the front of the car or the back?

Neal :)

Last edited:
Spray hood? vs windscreen...
Helm not steering wheel

At leat with that method - port starboard - its always the same - looking fore - or - aft. No left/right confusion!

Good joke Gene!
Cheers - :beer: - Jim

Spray hood? vs windscreen...
Helm not steering wheel

At leat with that method - port starboard - its always the same - looking fore - or - aft. No left/right confusion!

Good joke Gene!
Cheers - :beer: - Jim

I have a whole bunch of nautical antiques from over several decades mainly near Annapolis/DC region....many photos if you are interested...

email/PM if you want....

GENE

you could say "driver" and 'passenger" side to make it clear, but then the brits and aussies are getting it all confused again....

:lol:

Well thats easy, red is a short word just like Port and left. Greenn is the long word like right and Starboard.

Don't recall a white light showing at sea.....only in port.

Well thats easy, red is a short word just like Port and left. Greenn is the long word like right and Starboard.
Alright, you guys simplified that one, left/port/red. Easy memory relation!
The white light (on civilian boats anyway) at the rear, is known as the 'anchor light'. Switched on during very slow speeds or during anchoring, so others know you're slow/not moving. It's just a 'hey, I'm here' signal to avoid collisions.
Aarrrrr matey!

Alright, you guys simplified that one, left/port/red. Easy memory relation!
The white light (on civilian boats anyway) at the rear, is known as the 'anchor light'. Switched on during very slow speeds or during anchoring, so others know you're slow/not moving. It's just a 'hey, I'm here' signal to avoid collisions.
Aarrrrr matey!

from 14' to ~40' ALL the sailboats I ever been on have had anchor lights on the BOW, not the stern....

:huh: