New Wheels see daylight

wickd

I bought these wheels and tires to go on a frame I am building with c-4 suspension to go under my car after completion. The other day I decided to see how they would look on the car. The back ones are 335/30/18's on an 18x12 rim with 6" backspacing and the fronts are 275/35/18's on an 18x10 rim with 5" backspacing. The front one actually bolted on and sits in the fender really nice. The valve core just kisses the tie rod end with the cap on but clears with the cap off. To get the back ones to fit I had to take the parking bracket off and it still hits the trailing arm just before it tightens up on the hub. It sits too high on the back but I cant roll it back and forth to get the rear suspension to settle back down so the rear looks a little goofy still. If I put my old tires up against the new ones the height is real close to the same height. I was worried that the 18's might be too short but I think they will be acceptable. The wheels are Boyd Coddington F-22's.

Attachments

• vette wheels 1.jpg
    vette wheels 1.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 69
  • vette wheels 2.jpg
    vette wheels 2.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 64
  • vette wheels 3.jpg
    vette wheels 3.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 26
Nice choice, looks good, always good to get modern rubber on these olde tyme hotrods....

15" rubber sux.....

:twitch::goodevil:

Looks good.
I just switched my Cragars back for the originals.
At least the '77 rims. I just really like the "deep dish" old school look. Eventually planning on 255/60R15 rear and 235 up front for a slightly staggered raked look.

I bought these wheels and tires to go on a frame I am building with c-4 suspension to go under my car after completion. The other day I decided to see how they would look on the car. The back ones are 335/30/18's on an 18x12 rim with 6" backspacing and the fronts are 275/35/18's on an 18x10 rim with 5" backspacing. The front one actually bolted on and sits in the fender really nice. The valve core just kisses the tie rod end with the cap on but clears with the cap off. To get the back ones to fit I had to take the parking bracket off and it still hits the trailing arm just before it tightens up on the hub. It sits too high on the back but I cant roll it back and forth to get the rear suspension to settle back down so the rear looks a little goofy still. If I put my old tires up against the new ones the height is real close to the same height. I was worried that the 18's might be too short but I think they will be acceptable. The wheels are Boyd Coddington F-22's.

Solution:
FLUSH_MOUNT_VALVE_STEM_.jpg