2012 Corvette Z06 7.19 lap at Nurburging

I would love to see those speeds verified via a GPS.....

in the cab during the running.....

:(:ghost::cool:

not putting it down, just don't trust the instrumentation....

If somebody finishes THAT lap at 7:19 I really don't care about the speedo or GPS.... LOL.... it's fast....

Awesome --
Did that spike at 2.0 G- on exit of the Carousel? :amazed:
My time was no where near that in my 911 in 1976! Never really go it much over 100 - The "practice wife"just about pissed the seat!;)

And, it and has been the Best course in the world!

Cheers - Jim

These newer devices track where you are, speed, acceleration all in one unit. I think that's what you're looking at on the video.

Actually i was surprised it only hit 180, but real world conditions don't lie. If a low drag machine with 650hp starts to limit out at 180. It's really hard to believe many of these stories about C3 speeds ie. "I hit 140 and had plenty of pedal left"

Here's yer chance:
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/tx_f-4dphantom_training.htm

At $12.5 - that is just about 2x what we used to price out per flying hour in 1983 -- but then again those were real 1983 dollars then too!

Its a D-model so a bit faster than most of my birds (the E model.) The D has no internal cannon, and has LE FLaps and BLC. The LE Slats and cannon made the E a better air-to-air machine - but at the cost of more drag.

A worthwhile hour spent I'd say -- but then I'm predjuiced.

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:

These newer devices track where you are, speed, acceleration all in one unit. I think that's what you're looking at on the video.

Actually i was surprised it only hit 180, but real world conditions don't lie. If a low drag machine with 650hp starts to limit out at 180. It's really hard to believe many of these stories about C3 speeds ie. "I hit 140 and had plenty of pedal left"

In a C-3 it's not about the pedal left, it's about the steering that is left. At 120, the 81 gets real "light" at the wheel. (Seat stains increase too).

In a C-3 it's not about the pedal left, it's about the steering that is left. At 120, the 81 gets real "light" at the wheel. (Seat stains increase too).

I never noticed that, the car was fine...120 or whatever speed I was doing...and it was well over 100 mph for sure...

still think that has to do with the air rush over the radiator....straight back to the engine, like stock, or angled down to the floor as with my more typical electric fan install, missing the engine entirely....

which I am tempted to put the fans more vertical...so the engine compartment runs cooler...engine itself runs fine on coolant temps....

anyone with any comments on this thought??

Here's yer chance:
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/tx_f-4dphantom_training.htm

At $12.5 - that is just about 2x what we used to price out per flying hour in 1983 -- but then again those were real 1983 dollars then too!

Its a D-model so a bit faster than most of my birds (the E model.) The D has no internal cannon, and has LE FLaps and BLC. The LE Slats and cannon made the E a better air-to-air machine - but at the cost of more drag.

A worthwhile hour spent I'd say -- but then I'm predjuiced.

Cheers - Jim

Yep, That's exactly what i've been looking at. I blew my chance to fly for reals because i'm a hot headed a-hole.