I should have taken the job with General Motors

Ralphy

Last edited:
If you'd have done that, you would have missed all the really cool big airplane stuff/./.:stirpot:

If you'd have done that, you would have missed all the really cool big airplane stuff/./.:stirpot:

Tim,
That's a quote by Klaus Arning who worked for Ford Motors. Being that this is a Corvette/GM board I had to come up with an appropriate title. :kissass:

Beside that which material would you recommend for suspension bushings. Aluminum Nickle Bronze or Beryllium Copper or something else? Don't ask where I can get the material from!

TT is also licking his wounds, I exposed his IRS design. Turns out it was created for the Cobra 427 in like 1965, OUCH! LOL
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7245

Last edited:
What's the stuff they make trunnion bushings from? Seems to be pretty tough considering the use they get.

Most of the landing gear bushings are Aluminum Nickle Bronze. The 757 bogie beam center pivot bushing is Beryllium Copper. That's the good stuff, I just wonder if the application is right. The trunnion may as well be Beryllium Copper.

Last edited:
Most of the landing gear bushings are Aluminum Nickle Bronze. The 757 bogie beam center pivot bushing is Beryllium Copper. That's the good stuff, I just wonder if the application is right. The trunnion may as well be Beryllium Copper.

Beryllium, there is a metal I not heard of for some time now...decades even...

believe it or not, it also has some RF properties in that it does not recognize high freq and was very useful for alignment tools in tuning up old receivers decades ago, when such shit was done....today it's all just computers...

anyway, I went out to my garage, to the open old tool box, and out came my Xcelite BR -1810 alignment driver.....

:shocking::shocking: told you all I was a geek....

:rofl: