Reasonable priced aluminum brake M/C

Pirate Jack Racing has the one I have......probably China made, but cheep, and oval top with two screws, went in easy, been fine for years now....

:hi::yahoo:

The speedway master would be nice if it had the right sized ports. I have seen the Pirate Jack stuff on ebay and I think they offer an aluminuum direct fit master with 9/16 and 1/2 ports.

The speedway master would be nice if it had the right sized ports. I have seen the Pirate Jack stuff on ebay and I think they offer an aluminuum direct fit master with 9/16 and 1/2 ports.

I went on Pirate Jack to take a look. There was a $140 screw on top 1" unit for $67 in the clearance section. Imperfect chrome, what the hell do i care. They say it's for disc/drum but i took a chance on it anyway. The rear brakes don't seem to be dragging so i don't think there is a 10# residual valve in the rear circuit. It needs to be power blead but, so far seems to be working fine. Thanks for the tip on Pirate Jack. I'd not heard of them before.

as much as i detest putting any chrome under the hood.... it was on clearance for $67

i hate how iron units rust inside and out. That's all the crap suspended in the fluid.

5076534014_large.jpg

as much as i detest putting any chrome under the hood.... it was on clearance for $67

i hate how iron units rust inside and out. That's all the crap suspended in the fluid.

5076534014_large.jpg

This looks like a Stainless Steel Brake Corporation (SSBC) aluminum master cylinder that sells for about $450. If you got a new one for $67...wow. I bought one for the full price.

Hate how the iron ones rust out?? My 68 has an all new brake system: stainless steel lines, new distribution brass blocks, new SSBC aluminum calipers and a new rebuilt restored stock master cylinder (Paragon) . It was all new and not wetted. I installed silicon brake fluid. There's no water in this system. I have manual brakes. With silicon, my brake system is stone hard. (Guildstrand Motor Sports did the brake bleeding.)

So where was I when this thread was originally posted?!! I just paid $200 for a Wilwood MC. :suicide:

And someone else paid 20 bux or less for a later GM M/C from a junkyard....

no matter WHAT, there is always something cheeper....

except beer.....

Well, I now remember where I was; probably the same place these MC come from - China! I'm probably just trying to console myself but I do have to wonder about quality. I know Wilwood will stand behind their stuff. Not so sure about these. . .

Well, I now remember where I was; probably the same place these MC come from - China! I'm probably just trying to console myself but I do have to wonder about quality. I know Wilwood will stand behind their stuff. Not so sure about these. . .

The one I mentioned above is the same thing without any chrome at all, I paid in the 50 bux region....been in there for near 6? years now...daily driven....:thumbs: