Driveshaft alignement

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Hi guys.
This weeken I did leveled my frame (betwen bodymount 2 and 3) and could check my driveshaft alignement.
I did notice it earlier, but now I can give full details.

16554d7daf614e4e3.jpg

Turns out the driveshaft itself it just as level as the frame, but does not look perfectly aligned with the engine.
Is that normal? and if not what should I do?

I think that you will find that the engine is down 3 or 4 degrees and the differential is pretty much level. There is about a 1 degree driveshaft angle from side to side (motor to pinion) however.

I think that you will find that the engine is down 3 or 4 degrees and the differential is pretty much level. There is about a 1 degree driveshaft angle from side to side (motor to pinion) however.
Just to make sure I get you right, are you talking about my case from the picture or about what would be the correct configuration?

Yes, it's about 4 deg. if you look at any carb intake you see the carb seating surface is sloped forward by 4 deg

Thanks guys, that's one less thing to worry about.
Upon completion the car will eventually go to a shop for a full check and alignment, in the meanwhile I know nothing bad should happen from there.